PDA

View Full Version : Engine Replacement

Scott Heidt
01-21-2004, 01:52 PM
Hi All,

I have an '81 Hornet II. I recently blew my 454 to bits. Threw two rods,the cam is toast and there is a nice hole in the oil pan and the block. Needless to say I am having a bad day. :( I was hoping to bring the boat down for the Miami Boat Show, but I guess my engine wouldn't cooperate.

I was hoping to get some feedback from you guys on where to find another 454 Long Block (New/ Rebuilt). I would like to repower the boat with a 454 so I can use my existing parts (i.e. brand new Holley 750 carb., starter, alternation, MSD distributor,Stainless Marine exhaust manifolds, and water pump.) I want to achieve around 450 to 500 Hp. So if you could recommend an engine builder/distributer, and or any ideas on cams, intake manifolds etc. I would greatly appreciate it.

I live near Tampa, Florida. So if you guys know of a local builder/distributor in the south Florida area let me know. I would rather deal with someone that I could actually meet in person, but I still want to keep my options open.

I have done a complete cosmetic, electrical, and hardware restoration during the last year and was so excited to get the boat wet, then this happened during our first water test. I will not be beat! I have been reading the posts for the past year and hope to meet some of you guys soon.

Take Care!

BUIZILLA
01-21-2004, 04:19 PM
Simple solution...

call your local Chevy dealer...

ask for part # 12568774

should be about $4950 for a 454-425 NEW crate engine with warranty

install with your goodies

go boating.

J