PDA

View Full Version : 16' conversion from (3+1) to (2+2)

Mike Ellison
01-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Does any one know what is involved to convert a 16' (3+1) to a (2+2)? Are the (3+1) seat molded into the fiberglass, or is there a fiberglass seat support added? If so, can the support be eliminated, and an additional bucket and new cushions added, to make it a (2+2)? Thanks, Mike

Rootsy
01-20-2004, 07:22 PM
mike,

you'll need a new deck and tub i do believe :( the L shaped seat base is molded into the tub and the opening under the dash is not as wide as the 2+2 therefore you can't get your feet under the deck if a seat was able to be put there... so unless you want to go butchering her to pieces for whatever reason and you are REALLY good with glass... i'd find a 2+2 if that is what you want...

i MAY know where there is a 2000 - 2001 vintage 16... white deck and sides / dark green stripe, 2+2.. never titled that i know of... dealer went out of business... 305 - 220 hp, alpha GEN II... gaffrig gauges, white interior and i THINK it had a CD player in it too. about 2 years ago she was available for 19K... if you are interested i'll check into it for you or find out who you can call about it... the boat is/was over here by me... bout 10 miles away actually...

Jamie

Mike Ellison
01-20-2004, 07:32 PM
Rootsy.. Thanks for the info. I was hoping maybe it would be an easy conversion, but being molded in its not worth the trouble.

I was talking to a marina that had a 2001 16' identical to what you mentioned. They were at Mullet Lake. The boat was listed for &20K. It was just sold. Sounds like the same boat. I would appreciate you double checking. Thanks again.

Mike

Brad Lyon
01-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Mike,

It is/was the same boat. I almost bought it when it was at the dealer near Jamie. Really nice color scheme, I have several photographs of it.

Brad

Rootsy
01-20-2004, 08:30 PM
this boat was owned by ski sensations in brooklyn, michigan, here in the irish hills. it was sitting as of last fall at the water depot where ski sensations used to be... wamplers lake hwy... if oyu want to look em up... they might be able to give you the scoop

Mike Ellison
01-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Thanks Rootsy / Brad. Below was the add.
16' Donzi (http://www.boat-world.com/boatads/6223.html)

Brad are you sure this is the same boat.

Mike

RedDog
01-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Now that is a really good looking 16. Kinda reminds me of a 22 I know about. The 2 paired up sure would be cool!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ACF2271.jpg

mattyboy
01-21-2004, 02:59 PM
a sawzall, some 5200, a lil glass work , no problem, just make sure the person sitting in the seat has a pfd and life insurance!!! :p eek! wink :D only kidding as stated before would need a whole lot of glass work re coring just to re invent the 18!! find a 2+2 or an 18 you'll be much better off

Matty
1+3

Brad Lyon
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
Mike,

It's got to be the same boat. When I looked at the boat it was just being displayed at Ski Sensations, I was talking to some dealer up north. If you have cable internet send me your email address and I will send you my pictures.

Brad