PDA

View Full Version : Sad news, loss of a great friend....

krakmeup
02-28-2003, 10:02 AM
With great sorrow I share Jim & Janet's loss of their beloved companion, Maggie. While we only have known Maggie for the last year or two, Jim and Janet have experienced her love for many years, and she will leave a huge void in their lives. Hopefully you two will find resolve in the happiness Maggie brought to you, and know she loved you equally and had a wonderful home with you. Our deepest feelings go out to you at this difficult time.

Keith & Ruth Ann

In memory of Maggie.....

http://www.donzi.net/photos/maggie1a.jpg

Donzi Di
02-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Jim and Janet,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can understand what you are feeling. As Keith said, just remember the love that you had for Maggie and the many memories you experienced over the years. It is what got me through.

Diana

HyperDonzi
02-28-2003, 11:02 AM
I also understand how you must be feeling. As Donzi Di said, remember the good times, and dont be afraid to cry.

Tommy

ToonaFish
02-28-2003, 11:37 AM
So very sorry to hear of the loss...

harbormaster
02-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Their passing definitely leaves a void in our lives...

krakmeup
02-28-2003, 07:14 PM
Yep - my best buddy left me almost three years ago, and yet at times like this I still get choked....

They'll be able to soften it by heaping attention on Jack, Buddy, Rose, Larry and Willie (their other dogs), and Wilson and Pheobe (their cats)! J&J have some land and they often take in anything coming their way that they can help. It's always a blast to go to their place and have lots of paws all around!

Hang in there!!

Marie
02-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Thank-you Keith and Ruth Ann for this tribute to our Maggie.

Maggie was having some health problems, weight loss, bladder problems, etc. so we took her in yesterday for X-rays and blood work. Neither was good--many things found wrong in the blood and X-ray showed a very enlarged spleen. Our vet recommended doing surgery yesterday to remove the spleen and we agreed. During surgery, however, much more was found. Looks like cancer of the spleen, liver, nodes and possibly bladder. The surgery went OK, however we found out this morning that she did not make it through the night. I guess her little body just couldn't make it. But our vet was wonderful--he stayed with her well into the night last night and arrived early this morning.

She was with us for 11 1/2 years (but that is never long enough). It's been a very sad day at our house today and many tears have been shed, but she will live in our hearts forever.

Janet Marie