PDA

View Full Version : Hmmh, morals...

ToonaFish
01-22-2003, 06:26 AM
The teacher gave her fifth grade class an assignment: Get their parents to tell them a story with a moral at the end of it.

The next day the kids came back and began to tell their stories.

Ashley said, "My father's a farmer and we have a lot of egg laying hens. One time we were taking our eggs to market in a basket on the front seat of the car when we hit a big bump in the road and all the eggs went flying and broke and made a mess."

"What's the moral of the story?" asked the teacher.

"Don't put all your eggs in one basket!"

"Very good," said the teacher.

Next, little Sarah raised her hand and said, "Our family are farmers too. But we raise chickens for the meat market. We had a dozen eggs one time, but when they hatched we only got ten live chicks, and the moral to this story is,"don't count your chickens before they're hatched."

"That was a fine story, Sarah," said the teacher.

"Michael, do you have a story to share?"

"Yes, my daddy told me this story about my Aunt Karen. Aunt Karen was a flight engineer in the Gulf War and her plane got hit. She had to bail out over enemy territory and all she had was a bottle of whiskey, a machine gun, and a machete. She drank the whiskey on the way down so it wouldn't break and then she landed right in the middle of 100 enemy troops. She killed seventy of them with the machine gun until she ran out of bullets. Then she killed twenty more with the machete until the blade broke. And then she killed the last ten with her bare hands."

"Good heavens," said the horrified teacher, "what kind of moral did your daddy tell you from that horrible story?"

"Stay the hell away from Aunt Karen when she's been drinking."

boxy
01-22-2003, 08:13 AM
:D eek! :D

How's the nicotine withdrawl going Aunt Karen ?

Donzi Jenn
01-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Moral of the story:

Leave Aunt Toona alone when she hasn't had a cigarette in nine days! wink wink

goatee
01-22-2003, 11:00 AM
hey jenn,
how do you personalize your avatar? i have a pic id like to put in there, but dont know how. maybe its too big? (its huge).

Donzi Jenn
01-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Goatee,

I wish that I could help you, but I did not personalize my avatar. The Harbormaster attached that avatar to my name as punishment. (I can't remember what I did)

Can anyone else give Goatee a hand in sizing his picture and using it as an avatar?

goatee
01-22-2003, 11:10 AM
lol is that even you? lol

Ranman
01-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Goatee,

First you need to upload your new avatar to the Donzi.net site. Resize your photo to match most of the other avatars using Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, etc. I think the image HAS to be a .gif. Use the "Upload photo" link at the bottom of any page. Remember the path, ie http://www.donzi.net/photos/goatee.gif

Click on "Profile" at the top left of your screen. Click on "View / Update Profile". Scroll down to "Avatar Image" click "Select a different avater image" Paste the path into the box and voila. If you still can't get it to work. Read the FAQ and search on 'Avatar"

BTW: That is really Donzi Jenn and she is really getting married to me so be nice to her or I'll come find you. :D :D :D

I'm the one on the left.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/sopranorandy.jpg

goatee
01-22-2003, 09:48 PM
yes! congrats! i just found that info. out recently. i just had to laugh about the whole punishment thing. this whole web site is too funny! "lake winni trash" is that your punishment? i'd better try not to piss of hb.
i did go from "new person" to "full member"
somehow. i dunno.....