PDA

View Full Version : Big College Games in Your Area This Weekend

boldts
11-20-2002, 01:24 PM
As the biggest rivalry in college football is fast approaching this weekend. I thought I'd ask if anyone else has a big game happening in their area. Of course the game I am referring to is the Annual Ohio State VS Michigan contest. I have nothing against our MI contingent, but this weekend, it's a "GO BUCKS" weekend and nothing else on earth seems to mater! :D

EricG
11-20-2002, 02:27 PM
The big rivalry here this weekend is the Apple Cup - the annual battle between the Washington Huskies and the Washington State Cougars (Ranked #3).

Ironically, Washington lost to Michigan (damn 12 men on the field :mad: ), and WSU's only loss was to Ohio State.

Sure, we (the Huskies) have kinda sucked this year, but we're coming off a huge win in Oregon last week - and we'd just love to play spoiler to WSU's Rose Bowl hopes.

Go Dawgs!

EG

RedDog
11-20-2002, 04:19 PM
My Vol's season has been so bleak that I can really get pumped up for our big game this weekend - VANDY! I'm pretty sure we can take them but the Kentucky game next weekend is sure scary eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

jeez - I can't believe I'm having to say this

HyperDonzi
11-20-2002, 05:18 PM
Go Bucks.

Doug G
11-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Michigan and Ohio State may be the biggest rivalry is college sports. It always seems to have national implications. And what a place to play....cold, grey, the little old ladies flipping off the Michigan fans...

GO BLUE

HyperDonzi
11-21-2002, 02:39 PM
Any of the MI guys coming down to go to the Horse shoe?

GO BUCKS

Doug G
11-22-2002, 08:42 AM
Not me, Hyper. Gonna stay warm and watch on the tube. I think this kid is a grandson of one of those old ladies at the Shoe...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/gobucs.jpg

Donzi Jenn
11-22-2002, 09:03 AM
That little boy has the "naked ladies" embroidered on the sides of his jersey!!! eek! eek!

LKSD
11-22-2002, 09:10 AM
MAYBE THE KIDS FATHER TOOK HIM TO THE GAME TO TELL HIM HIS SISTER INHERITS THE DONZI & HE GETS THE BAYLINER !!!!!

boldts
11-22-2002, 01:35 PM
Got to add.... That is sad to see a child with that kind of attitude already! If I ever catch my daughter doing anything like that or saying a cuss word, it's discipline time in the Boldt household and I don't mean TIME-OUT!

To be a MU fan here in Columbus this week is a death wish. Fans in OH truly hate Michigan. How-ever, when they go to MI for the big game, they are treated with respect or at least they don't get their car set on fire or flipped over. The school and the local authorities are trying to remind the OSU fans that Michigan fans are Americans also. They deserve to be able to enjoy a sporting event just like anyone else no matter where it is held. I sure hope it works cause with what is being said, you couldn't pay me to go to the stadium to watch this game in maize and blue attire! I am rooting for the Bucks, but treating my fellow man as a brother not an enemy. frown

Doug G
11-22-2002, 01:53 PM
Well said, Scott. It is just a football game. (did I really just say that??) eek! I enjoy the weeks banter as much as anybody, but always try to keep it in good spirits.

Enjoy the game, but not too much!!!

GO BLUE!!!

HyperDonzi
11-22-2002, 02:39 PM
Never know about those OSU students....

Wonder if it is supposed to snow tomorrow like it did on our fire drill at school.

HyperDonzi
11-23-2002, 02:29 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!! OSU WON!!!!!!

boldts
11-24-2002, 01:10 AM
On To Arizona for the Buckeyes. I wish they would quite using that prevent defense when their only ahead by 5 points. 2 weeks now, it almost cost them the game. Let's see if the Canes really played anyone this year. I'll probably pay for that one next time I see Mad Poodle. OSU 14, MU 9. :D

Dr. Dan
11-24-2002, 08:59 AM
:D Congrats Buck Eye Fans! :D One of the few times I rally for the Ohio Team is when they play the Wolverines! Go Buck Eyes! :p However...on the home front out here in "Happy Valley" (believe it or not that's where Penn State is located...State College ,Pa)....my home team was wayyyyyyyyy off! eek! I was listening to the painful reality as the Spartans got there heads handed to them..I did not even hear the final score, but it sounded embarrassing! :rolleyes: I guess it's just another "character building moment" that we all have in life....better luck next season Spartans wink ....Doc

Doug G
11-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Well done, Buckeyes. The Maize and Blue played with a lot of heart, thought we were going to scratch it out, but wait til next year!!!

Now, go get those 'Canes!!!

BTW Doc....61-7 :p

EricG
11-24-2002, 12:20 PM
Congrats OSU fans...

Speaking of Fans...After we (the Washington Huskies) upset #3 Washington State :D :D :D last night in a triple-overtime win at WSU - the cougar fans decided it would be appropriate to throw bottles, cans, and other garbage down on to our players during the post game celebration. They actually gave one member of the press a concussion. Way to go Coug fans....that's what college football is all about :mad:

5 Apple Cups in a row for the Huskies!! :D

EG