PDA

View Full Version : What's in a Name??

Fish boy
01-17-2003, 03:02 PM
As I read through the threads, I am often amazed, amused, and sometimes befuttled by the creativity of the handles that people use on the Donzi.net site.

With some, it seems pretty easy to figure out why the name was chosen; others it is not as easy. Why did you choose the name you did, and does it have some special meaning?

ToonaFish
01-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Ohh, this should be interesting. I'm easy (which we already knew)... I live on the southernmost edge (the bottom) of Lake Allatoona and in the summer try to swim everyday (like a fish).

Fishboy, your handle always reminds me of the Tshirt:

Fish Fear Me
Women Worship Me

HyperDonzi
01-17-2003, 03:35 PM
Hyper- Hyperlite wakeboards, best there are! To bad I only went wakeboarding 2x last year.

Baja-Kinda obvious!

boxy
01-17-2003, 03:48 PM
boxy - cause I look like the little furry guy from Battle Star Galactica :D :D

Actually it's a nickname I've had for ever from playing hockey, shortened version of my last name. (which is how everyone gets there nickname up here, just shorten your last name, and add a "Y")

Hyper - I ride a Double Up.

Tidbart
01-17-2003, 05:11 PM
Mine has been an evolution.
Tidbitnh........Tidbit , New Hampshire
Tidbit...........shorter, also moved to Fla.
Tidbeert..........Heinekens
Tidbert.........Bert from Sesame St.
Tidbart.........You know Bart.

The original Tidbit came from my handle on a bar trivia game that I used to play. I was pretty good at it because I have tons of useless information (tidbits) stored in the RAM.
I was also pretty good at drinking excessive quantities of beer while playing. :D :p

I also needed to evolve to an avatar that I liked. So for now, it will remain Tidbart.

Bob

florida gator
01-17-2003, 08:35 PM
I believe mine is self explanatory.

penbroke
01-17-2003, 09:45 PM
The make of the first boat I ever spent any real time on and it is (almost) never already used.

Frank

Crazy Horse
01-17-2003, 09:58 PM
Neil Young. . . Keep on rockin' in the free world.

goatee
01-18-2003, 10:58 AM
friends gave me this name to distinguish between the two mikes. its funny when i shave. ive had the name so long , it can never change. and they dont know how to introduce me. "and this is ,,,,,,goatless tee"

Gearhead99
01-18-2003, 04:38 PM
Simple...anything that rolls, floats, flys or slides with an engine I'm in.

Boats, cars, planes, trains, etc.

Can build an engine that will talk to you.
Always been a gearhead and always will.

Donzi Blackhawk
01-18-2003, 04:53 PM
As simple as a name can get. I work for Donzi, and I own a Blackhawk.

Funny thing about these names is that I always sign my real name at the end of my posts. When I meet people from the registry, I introduce myself as Bryant. After a few moments of dead silence and a blank stare, I say...you know, Donzi Blackhawk, then as always, I get the oh,oh,oh...Ok, now I know you.

Happens all the time.

Bryant (aka Donzi Blackhawk)

Cuda
01-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Several years ago, my brother and I opened a seafood market. We wanted a name that had something to do with fish, and since all the good shark names were taken (hammerhead, mako, etc) we settled on Cuda, short for barracuda. At the time I was also managing a bar in the same plaza. Everybody knew I owned the seafood market and they began calling me Cuda, and the name has stuck since. This picture was day 1.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffcudajoe.jpg

mattyboy
01-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Mine name wa given to me,by the guys in the neighborhood I grew up in The Bronx.
Let's see there was Johnnyboy,Jimmy the knucks,crazy Danny and, Bobbie sack o donuts.

I can here it now Yo Mattyboy how they F!@#$in hangin. wink :D Yo Marie get in the F!@#$IN car

Matt

ToonaFish
01-19-2003, 02:44 PM
You're from the Bronx? And all this time I thought you were Irish...

Bunches,

Celene 'wondering if Matty knows Jenny?'

farmer tx
01-19-2003, 07:55 PM
I'm a cotton farmer in the Texas panhandle.
When I joined the reg. a year ago I couldn't
afford any vowels.

Donzigo
01-19-2003, 09:26 PM
When I got AOL years ago, I needed a name; so, I tried Donzi, Donziboy, Donziman, etc, and everything was taken. I stumbled onto DONZIGO, like it goes fast, and it stuck.

Fish boy
01-21-2003, 10:05 AM
Mine was given to me by my old boss. At one time I worked for the state of Florida as a prosecutor (State Attorney). I had only been in the office for about a month when he walked in my office and held up a picture of a snook and asked me if I knew what it was. I told him, and he continued with pictures of redfish, trout, snapper, grouper,... each time I answered correctly. He then said: "good, you are now "Fishboy"".

From then on, everytime a criminal case came into our circuit that had to do with any sort of marine life, I was given or asked to participate on the case.

I am sure you can imagine how proud my parents were at Thanksgiving When I began telling stories of the important cases I recently had... murder, arson, cocaine, and oh yes, a posession of an undersized gag grouper!

Fish

Ranman
01-21-2003, 10:55 AM
"Ranman" is just a derivative of my first name. I was given the handle while working in a 10 minute quickie oil change shop. My manager at the time would always call me Ranman, it spread to several of my friends and is really the only nickname I've ever had... until Strevie Marr came along that is.

Last year at AOTH II in Kentucky (my first Donzi event), several of the Lake Winnipesaukee folks showed up to party. I was always impressed with their Donzi Girl photo skills and had decided they were the ones to party with. I was right. when I first met Stevie Marr (Waleyetwo) he said "Rain Man!" (incorrectly identifying my handle from this board). All weekend long Stevie kept saying Rain Man! Rain Man! in his perfect New Hampsha accent. Finally, john Totaro (Crazy Horse) said to Stevie "Why do you keep calling him that?" and Stevie replied "What? I didn't name him." It's been a running joke ever since. Rain Man an easy derivative from Ranman is another nickname only a select few can use. I like to think of Rain Man as an anti-derivative. So there you have it.

Budmann
01-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Put a case of Budweiser down in front of me and stand back. I also had a auto tag that said that. I think everyone can understand why I didn't keep that very long. Not a good thing to have late at night after a few. Get the idea.

And lastly.... My name is Bud Staples