PDA

View Full Version : Where should we go?

2biguns
01-14-2003, 08:46 AM
Amy and I are looking for a beach to go to in April to:

1. Celebrate our anniversary (4/27)

2. Reward ourselves for successfully completing this freaking #$(#&*# diet (by the way, for me, 19 pounds lost, 56 to go)

Aruba is high on the list.

We vetoed Cancuun (honeymoon with my ex) and Bahammas (where she went with her ex). I'm open to anywhere so long as I can get a beer the size of an oil drum.

Any good experiences out there?

Digger
01-14-2003, 09:26 AM
Grand Cayman. Seven mile beach. reasonable hotels available. rent a p.o.s. Samurai jeep, you can get a reasonable rate on those too, so you can drive around. good shopping, if you're into that. good restaraunts. great snorkelling/diving."Stingray city" is pretty cool. and plenty of cold beer and frilly drinks available.

wherever you go, have fun!!

harbormaster
01-14-2003, 04:27 PM
Ambergris Caye,
Belize.

The best place to go...

Ed Donnelly
01-14-2003, 05:08 PM
Kakeview Park on the sunny shores of Lake Ontario.. The beer will be cold ,just place it beside you. Balmy 3 F today ( can you tell I'm jealous)...Ed

Tidbart
01-14-2003, 07:58 PM
It all depends on what you look for in a vacation spot.
Variables: Crowds, shopping, surf, fine dining, scuba, sight-seeing, cost, embiance, language, etc.

For what are you looking? Every place has its own characteristics.

I would throw in Puerto Rico, Cuba(if you dare), Acapulco, or Bermuda, but my choices would be for different reasons than yours, most likely.

Bob

Bob

ToonaFish
01-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Oh, Bobface, remember they are newlyweds... their needs are simple. :D

Bunches,

Celene 'pricing Tahiti'

Fish boy
01-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Beaches Resort, in Jamaica. One of the most relaxing places on earth. Beautiful private beach, all inclusive resort, water skiing, snorkling, kayaking, and day trips to Waterfalls, white water rapids, and even a hop skip and a jump to Cuba... if you dare (tidbart).

They also have a pretty nice gym, and aerobics. I have been ot a lot of the places mentioned above, and all are very nice.

my $.02. ENjoy where ever you go, and congrats on you success thus far on your diet.

Fish

PS did I mention that it is about a mile or so down the beach from Club Hedo? Now that is a day trip.

Terry0341
01-15-2003, 01:20 AM
Barbados! Very nice. Have fun, great job on the diet!

2biguns
01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
Thanks to all. Amy works at a bank and one of her customers owns a house in the Caymans. We may try mooching.

Scott, no problem with leaving dieting at home. If Digger thinks quitting smoking is hard, try dieting in the winter while living in a trailer :mad: :mad: :mad: I just THOUGHT that the place was small. At least before I could leave the beer cooler outside and it would give me somewhere to go every few minutes.

Celene, yes our needs are few. Beer, beach & cheeseburgers and a room that did not have a prior life as an aluminum can.

Thanks again to all. We'll let you know where we go and I'll bring back pictures!

Steve

ToonaFish
01-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Aw, Steve, but you have such a lovely view from your home...

http://www.donzi.net/photos/redneck_penthouse.jpg

(And you need to be sober, stepping out this door!)

Bunches,

Celene 'horse trailer trash'

2biguns
01-15-2003, 11:25 AM
I would also like to find a place with indoor plumbing! Winter is coming and it's getting cold outside wink

http://www.donzi.net/photos/redneck.jpg

Brad Lyon
01-15-2003, 08:03 PM
Kim and I enjoyed Rio De Janeiro, and it's wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be.

Brad

goatee
01-16-2003, 11:16 PM
belize in april = off season. my next trip will be to costa rica. my friend gos there almost every winter for 5 months, and fishes.
1 dollar is an hourly wage for skilled labor!
6 pack of beer and 2 packs of smokes $1
18k buys you .25 acre on the pacific! ive been looking on the internet now for some time.
"osa penninsula costa rica" <--- search
land office for land for sale
the rain forrest baby!!!! not for all though
your kinda roughing it!

MOP
01-19-2003, 07:04 AM
Don't forget Costa Rica, a real freindly place that likes Americans. It has it all anything you want and lots of Cerveza!

McGary911
01-19-2003, 10:50 PM
Gotta go with digger on this one. i cant imagine anything better than 7 mile beach on grand cayman. Here's a few pics on my wepage from last time i was there: cayman pics. (http://mcgary.home.infi.net/caymans/cayman.html)
And a good place to stay is: plantana (http://www.plantanacayman.com/) Make sure to get the penthouse, only 35 or so more a day, but well worth it.

Have fun wherever you end up.