PDA

View Full Version : Great Mustang on Ebay

Jake
12-09-2002, 08:56 AM
If anyone is looking for a great Mustang that really rips check this one out. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873868724 It's my brother-in-law's old car. He just sold it to this guy and he has a really low reserve. If anyone has any questions I can answer them. This car is perfect and it really rips.

Jake

HyperDonzi
12-09-2002, 07:59 PM
My cousin has a 1992 5.0 that he claims will run 10.9's with a cold air intake, headers, H pipe, Flo master exhaust and a racing clutch. That seem a bit optimisitc?

OceanCommotion
12-10-2002, 08:06 AM
Yep.

Rootsy
12-10-2002, 08:42 AM
hyper - no way in the world you're going sub 11's with just that... more like high 13's on some stickies, maybe...

and as for the first post... oh that poooooor 5 speed :( we used to get about 40 slams out of em before the shift forks bent and then second gear ate itself... that included the HD gearsets...

Jamie

reminiscing the 5 litre days...

Jake
12-10-2002, 12:18 PM
He never got to run this package, but I know that running on the street he outran guys that ran legit 12 second runs. I miss the car.

Hyper, I think he's pulling your chain.

Ranman
12-11-2002, 08:08 AM
I know plenty of guys with supercharged 5.0's and the factory Borg Warner T-5 that are just fine. You're right Jamie, you can't be hard on them though. Never power shift into 3rd, and most certainly never do it while on the spray.

Funny Story

I'm on Telegraph going south heading to a friend's house on a Saturday night with a couple of ladies in my NOS equipped Mustang. Late model Camaro SS pulls up and starts messing with me. Normally, I'd never run on Telegraph cause it's just waaaay too dangerous, but I HAD to show off to the ladies. We slow to a first gear roll, I flip the switch to arm the nitrous, and we hit it. First gear was pretty even. I bang into second without letting up on the gas, the tires chirp and we're pulling out front nicely. 5 grand hits on the tach and I bang into third without lifting... POW!! third gear lets go. I push the clutch in and we're coasting. I let the clutch out and it sounds like a metal soup mix. The Camaro drives by laughing. Not sure of what to do I coast into a parking lot and around the back of a building. 20 seconds later Joe Law shows up. He's not impressed. Not only did I get to call a tow truck, I got my very own drag racing ticket. Not a good night. Moral of the story... Never powershift a Mustang into third, and most certainly never do it on the spray. :D :D

CDMA
12-11-2002, 08:16 AM
ROTFLMAO

Rootsy
12-11-2002, 10:01 AM
ouch ranman.. ouch...

Root - unticketed and counting my lucky stars...

OceanCommotion
12-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Another mustang story:

About 8 years ago (I was 22 and not real concerned about safety) I'm sitting at a set of lights in my blown '89 LX with my buddy. Due to an unfortunate set of circumstances, he lost his license and I ended up having to put a trailer hitch on the mustang to pull our two jetskis. They weren't very heavy- they were the old kawasaki X2's. We had 'em strapped down to his snowmobile trailer and were heading back home after taking them out that day.

So here we are, it's about 7:30 at night and we're in this shopping area that is a major race area. 3 lanes on either side, lights almost every quarter mile, and the only people out are hot rodders. I realize this and say "Jesus Christ- it's saturday night.. we have to get the hell out of here".

Too late. Sitting at a set of lights and 4 meatheads pull up in a black GT and are laughing, pointing, saying "nice trailer", and just being general dicks. Getting pissed at this point, I see the light on the other side getting ready to turn yellow and I look over at my buddy and tell him to hang on. His smile fades immediately, as you can probably well imagine. These guys are still revving us on, so I bring up the revs a little bit, light goes green, both cars hammer off the line, and I end up taking this idiot by about 2 car lengths when all is said and done.

We hit the next light and the expression on all of these guys' faces was priceless. Sheer disbelief that they just got smoked by a guy pulling jetskis. The driver leans out and says to my buddy, "Holy $hit- what's that thing got in it!!!???!"

My buddy looks right at him with a straight face and says, "Towing Package".

And then we roar off. One for the ages.

HyperDonzi
12-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Ranman, didnt you get a few more of those ticket thingys?

Ranman
12-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Ahhh... Yeah.... That was one of the three that year. The other two stories aren't as good. Well, one of the other two stories isn't as good.

Drag racing ticket number 1 was issued on a Saturday afternoon, about 20 minutes after I got the NOS installed. I just HAD to see if I could now keep up with my buddie's 12 second car. The answer was I was much closer, but he still took me. After about seven consecutive launches at each stoplight for a 2 mile stretch, the Dearborn cop decided enough was enough and took us down. Once again, Joe Law was not impressed. :D

Sold the car, bought my Donzi and haven't had a ticket in almost 5 years!

HyperDonzi
12-12-2002, 03:21 PM
7 1/4 mile passes on N2O.... What was your temp gauge at :D

Where at on Telegraph road? it seems to go on for miles and miles sometimes.....