PDA

View Full Version : Bucks or Canes?

Stepped Bottom
12-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Seems the OSU Buckeyes will be taking on the mighty canes in the Fiesta Bowl. Where's everyone stand on this one? GO BUCKS!! Sorry Poodle, we have to part company on this one- and unless Donnie wants couch duty, he'll be cheering on the Buckeyes too.

Darla

Terry0341
12-09-2002, 09:26 AM
GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

HyperDonzi
12-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Go Bucks!!!

Fish boy
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
All you Bucks enjoy it while you can... Hurricane Season starts January 02 and lasts for at least one more year!!

Fish

Cuda
12-13-2002, 08:16 AM
I'm no Canes fan, but they will crush OSU.

OceanCommotion
12-13-2002, 08:21 AM
The Canes are going to put an unholy drubbing on OSU.

CDMA
12-13-2002, 09:06 AM
Bucks...just cause poodle likes the canes....

Chris

ToonaFish
12-13-2002, 11:01 PM
The new year promises to be a strange one... cheering for Miami and against FSU... bet it'll snow in June too.

Forrest
12-17-2002, 02:24 PM
I'll root for Miami this time, but I think it about time that some of those Canes graduate and either go to the pros or start delivering pizza. I'm ready to see FSU teach some lessons to the Bulldawgs in the Sugar Bowl.

Forrest
12-17-2002, 02:51 PM
Well looks like the Sugar is on me this time and the Bulldogs may eat their cake after all.

Read below:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State quarterback Chris Rix won't play in the Nokia Sugar Bowl against Georgia on Jan. 1 after he was declared ineligible Tuesday for failing to take a final exam.

The moves leaves the Seminoles (9-4) without their top two quarterbacks as they prepare to play the Southeastern Conference champion Bulldogs (12-1).

Rix, who started most of the season before losing the job, had regained his spot last month when Adrian McPherson was kicked off the team. Rix then led Florida State to a 31-14 win over Florida on Nov. 30.

Adrian Walker, a sophomore from Americus, Ga., will get the starting call against Georgia. Walker saw action in three games, completing 5 of 8 passes for 74 yards.

McPherson was kicked off the team Nov. 25 for his involvement in a check writing scam that led to arrest on felony and misdemeanor charges the next week.

"It's an academic decision, there's no chance for him to play in the Sugar Bowl,'' Bowden said. Rix was not at practice Tuesday.

Bowden said Matt Henshaw would back up Walker, with wide receiver Anquan Boldin, a high school quarterback, next in line.

Rix has had a tough year. Last season, he set an Atlantic Coast Conference record for freshmen in total offense, but lost his job after seven games this season.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyone need a pizza delivery boy? He'll need a job since you won't ever see this guy in the pros.

Darrell
12-17-2002, 03:15 PM
Well I thought my Sooners would be playing the Canes in Tempe, however after some deep passes by
Texas A&M and Oklahoma State :mad: ( I still am hearing about that one) :o , We will be in the Rose Bowl. I'am pulling for OSU because of good good friend that went there, and the have not played for the No. #1 in several years. However if I had to bet, the Canes are the team to beat and will most likely win.

Go Buckeyes !!!!!!!!
Go Sooners !!!!!!!!

Darrell

boldts
12-18-2002, 01:31 PM
Being a resident of the Buckeye State, do you really need my answer to this one? Buckeye defense will show the Canes they really haven't played any National Championship caliber football teams this year! Bucks by 7!

Heisman - How does some guy from CA who played well at the end of the season beat out a guy from FL who has won a National Championship and some 34 I think games in a row? For that matter, how does he beat out a RB who ran for over 2,000 yards in a season from PA against teams of the Big 10 Conference strength? Pac 10 - who plays in that conference anyhow? Rooting for Iowa in the Rose!

Just my .02 worth. Really don't mean to offend anyone! :cool:

abelchinewalker
12-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Well from reading Stepped Bottom's post, I guess you know where I stand. Sorry, but I don't like sleeping on the couch.

Go FSU.
Go Miami, oh uh I mean go Bucks!

OceanCommotion
12-18-2002, 02:18 PM
Poodle- that's a rule FSU has had since Neon Deion played in the '89 Sugar Bowl despite not taking a single one of his finals.

Not cool for Seminole fans at all. And I'm one of them- despite my prediction for the Hurricanes to smoke the Buckeyes.

Darrell
12-18-2002, 02:50 PM
BOLDTS, There is just no way Iowa can win the Rose Bowl or any Big 10 team could.
:D (cause they are playing in the Orange Bowl)

Just kidding you: :p :p

Darrell

P.S. I think Iowa will win the Orange Bowl

boldts
12-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Ooooops Thanks Darrel for the correction. Where's that darn Bowl Game Listing again. Anyone interested in starting a group on one of the free Bowl game pick-em pools? Could be a fun way to pass some time over the holidays. I could through in a AOTH II Tee shirt to the winner of our group? I think all I have left are XXLg though.

I'm crawling back under a rock now......

Darrell
12-18-2002, 03:04 PM
Boldts, You bet, would be a lot of fun...I'm in.

Darrell

ToonaFish
12-19-2002, 12:01 AM
I'm chuckling quietly in my corner.

Ya know, Forrest, now I understand why you are such a big Noles fan... most of your clients are former players.

Bunches,

Celene 'really wishing that FSU was fully manned and awake when we blow their headpieces off...'

boldts
12-19-2002, 04:03 PM
Let me check tonight to see who or what is available in a free Bowl pick-em pool. I'll create a group (Donzi Fanatics) and if a password is required, pass that and the location on to everyone.

Marlin275
12-19-2002, 04:22 PM
Miami all the way. . .
Not enough respect this season!

boldts
12-26-2002, 03:20 PM
Go Bucks!

boldts
12-26-2002, 07:06 PM
See what happens when you guys stay logged in? Your wife sneaks on the site using your name and makes a post. I'll have to second the post though! Go Buckeyes!

Trying to remember to log-off.....

RH
12-29-2002, 10:42 PM
Being an Iowa Hawkeye alum and not getting to go down to South Beach to see the ORange Bowl, I will be cheering from my party in my game room. OSU is just lucky that they did not have to play Iowa this season. Miami will crush them in my humble opinion. We are getting a great Florida reception from the Miami locals according to our Des Moines Register. We have sold 40,000 plus tickets to the ORange Bowl and officials feel that we will probably have close to 45,000 fans there. We are calling it Kinnick Stadium South! Wish Poodle was home, I may have snuck into Miami for the game and some southern hospitality! Go Hawks!
RH