PDA

View Full Version : Computer People...

HyperDonzi
10-26-2002, 01:47 PM
PC- 30 gig drive partitioned into 20gog D and 10Gig C.

Need to reformat, re install windows (bye bye netscape :D )

the problem- Got road runner in july, the guy hooked it up to the USB port, and used a cd to load the drivers. He took the cd with him. Will it work Plug and play? How will I know what Ip# to use? The rest of the programs are either not worth having, or are backed up on cd's.

Thanks for any quick help
Tommy

MOP
11-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Hyper try poking around this site you may find the driver.

http://www.drivershq.com/search.asp

CrackerJack
11-06-2002, 04:40 PM
Contact their support and find out where and how to get a CD of the software for an install. I was
told they should have left a copy of the CD they use for an installation.

Looped
11-06-2002, 05:16 PM
FDISK it, remove all partitions one by one while rebooting each time. When you have no partitions left just create one new 30 gigeroo partition! :)

Craig

HyperDonzi
11-06-2002, 06:26 PM
Naw, Ill keep all my crap on the D drive that way i dont need to go finding all the proggys again, i rememer doing that last january. :rolleyes:

MOP
11-06-2002, 08:14 PM
Hyper I like a partitioned drive also, I usualy put 2 Gigs as a front end with Op sys and utilities and load the rest of programs to the D drive. It makes it easy to just wash the front end and reload leaving your goodies intact. Just short cut the executables from the D to the desk top. Sure cuts down on defraging, relaoding etc. I have one of my machines in the office that has had the front reloaded a bunch of times over a 5-6 year period with no reload of programs.