PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a part for my C-4 Corvette

Donzigo
01-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I have a 1989 convertable. The automatic temp control beneath the radio is toast. Maher Chevrolet, here in St. Pete can't fine one. Of course, MidAmerica & Ecklers was my first try.

a. I don't really care if the thing is automatic anymore or not. It actually works fine, except it only blows on the low fan setting and I can't get it to the max-fan setting when it's hot or cold and I first get in the car. I just want a high fan control.

b. Are these electronic controls repairable. I can take it out easy enough; but, then what?

c. Can a separate fan switch be mounted and just turn it on manually and leave the other part of the temp control alone.

Any help would be appreciated.

BUIZILLA
01-07-2004, 10:32 AM
make SURE you don't just have a bad high speed fan relay, and not a nbad board, the board tells that relay what to do...

J

terry
01-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Richard, there is a way to reset it.......sometimes they get locked up. I had to reset my C-4 several times, Its been a while but I think you pull ALL the fuses related to the A/C while the ignition is on and leave them out for about ten minutes. If that does not work, disconect the battery over night. It always worked for me. Its worth a try........

Donzigo
01-08-2004, 08:13 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.

HyperDonzi
01-09-2004, 10:38 AM
89... How many miles, and have your injectors started leaking yet?