PDA

View Full Version : Need some Ft. Lauderdale advice

McGary911
10-11-2002, 06:30 PM
I just found out that a good friend has a condo in a Ft Lauderdale resort this month, and I was able to get off of work from the 18th to the 22nd, so I figure it's my duty to go help him tear up the town. I won't have a whole lotta time there, but I'd like to know if there are a few things\places i shouldnt miss. Florida guys might be some help here. It wouldnt be bad if they had beer in some of these places.

Thanks for the advice.....man, I can use this mini vacation......

Fish boy
10-11-2002, 08:15 PM
The Elbo Room. located on the beach. sort of a dive but the beer is cold, and the t-backs abound.
http://elboroom.com/webcams/

If shooters is still there, another good place on the weekend. Lots of boats pull up and raft off. Full bar.

Fishboy

KMLFAMILY
10-12-2002, 07:57 AM
I was there last april and Shooters and the Riverwalk downtown seemed to be the places where the hot boats and action were.Enjoy! What a boating capital. I was in awe of all the hardware.One tip, the shuttle boat on the intercoastal is a good deal.

Marlin275
10-12-2002, 01:50 PM
Check out the Mai-Kai on US-1
You will never forget it!

Surfer
10-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Shooters still the best for Friday night boats and babes, downtown riverwalk is alittle more upscale, Tarpen bend and Tugboat Annies both great for clams and beers...unless you want to be a real tourist avoid the Mai Kai, the drinks are good, but will cost about $12.00 a pop and the $25.00 a plate food sucks :( Lauderdale Beach, (elbo room) is ok but north of there is Beach place lots of clubs, great food and night-time bikinis. Have a great trip.

Gearhead99
10-13-2002, 02:38 AM
Besides Shooters, etc the Parrot Lounge is good. I guess it's still open. Near beach off Sunrise.

florida gator
10-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Cheetah lounge smileybo

knee deep
10-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Saturday and Sunday hot body contest at Shooter's!
Sunday Brunch Blue Moon Fish Company at Commercial Blvd Bridge and the ICW. Monday night is the best prime rib in town for 10.95 on the new river at Andrews Ave. bridge. Southport Raw bar at the west end of 15th st canal for raw clams and oysters etc. Tugboat Annies on the Dania cut off canal is now the harbour grill and much better. Anything else you need to know just ask!

McGary911
10-17-2002, 03:59 PM
I'm off to Florida first thing in the morning. Thanks for heads up on some good spots. I printed out this thread and will be sure to make it to some of the places when I'm doing my rounds. I'm sure I'll find a few choice spots of my own, as well.
I'll report back on Wednesday, if I'm not back by then, send in the troops. If these troops have bail $$$, that would be good too.

McGary911
10-23-2002, 09:47 PM
Just got back, and i had a wild time. Thanks for the advice. Although, i couldnt see everything in the few days i was there (turns out i stayed in Weston, about 15 min away from lauterdale), i spent several hours at the elboroom. Nothing like calling friends\family\co-workers, having them punch you up on the web cam, and reminding them that youre in florida's 90degree weather drinking a beer, and they're not. And talk about mega-yachts! Seems like 10 issues of Yachting were moored within 1/2 mile. There was even a freighter circling offshore with 3 huge yachts on the deck. Cool as hell. I hope to make it down again. My friends do have the condo till nov 8th...........

Surfer
10-24-2002, 07:13 AM
So move on down, there's always room for one more Bertram.