PDA

View Full Version : AOTH VI

STUNG_AGAIN
04-23-2001, 04:00 PM
Well let's see...I'm stocking up on my "boat-soda", the rig is running fast and strong, I just gotta change the oil in the FULL rig (truck/boat), pick up a couple more spare parts JUST IN CASE, more "boat-soda", keep my fellow Virginians on track and running down the checklist (OBTW Donziman2 is 8-10 days from the 26ZX!!!) occassionally keep "Tweety-Boy", "Blondie" and the "baby dung-beetle" out of trouble and last but certainly not least....keep Bryan calm and not mention the cockpit cover dilemma he's currently facing....LOL!!

The "Virginia Gang" hits the road in 15 days and a wake-up...JAMMIN" MAN!!!....LET'S ROCK!!!!!...... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

roadtrip2
04-23-2001, 05:46 PM
Stung Again,
Conley Bottom is a pretty good sized marina up about 2/3's towards the eastern end of the lake. It is real easy to spot as a landmark. Be honest with you, I have never seen channel or mile markers on Cumberland, just the occasional hazard or no ski marker. Not that they are not there, I just never really noticed them if they are posted. Where is the VA contingent staying again on Wednesday night? I am open to meeting just about any where in the middle of the lake, just as long as we can all find it on Thursday. We'll figure it out. Todd

RickR
04-23-2001, 05:48 PM
How about dining on Cumberland?
I've heard the food is good at Lee's Ford.
Any good grills for breakfast or lunch?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Bryan Tuvell
04-23-2001, 07:42 PM
STUNGAGAIN, I love to pay you back here on the BB, so I will say for a guy trying to sell 2 lake boats (that are fast but not Donzi's) so you can upgrade to a performance boat.... you sure do like to dish it out... Sorry about the cover issue, my boat has never been dirty before... So I plan to follow you on the highway to shield me from dirt... thank you very much OH MIGHTY STINGRAY GOD!!!!!

You kill me man....
Bryan

STUNG_AGAIN
04-24-2001, 01:52 PM
Bryan you'll be right where you always are pal.....following http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

roadtrip2:
The Virginians will be staying about 2 miles up the road from Buck Creek Marina on Buck Creek Road (RT-769) which actually dead ends and becomes the ramp at Buck Creek Marina. My family owns a cottage there and we'll stay Wed/Thur/Fri/Sun nights with a layover at Jamestown Resort Saturday night. My brothers will be down as well. The eastern end of the lake is very scenic and it's like running down the Colorado river minus the current. Great place to run GPS checks on speed. Water is like glass and amazingly clear.
I think I've posted this elsewhere, our intentions are to put in Thursday morning, after finishing "post-road soda's" the night before, and start heading leisurely West to Burnside and a proposed stop at "Bandits". After handshakes and traditional sharing of "boat-soda", we'll head out and continue West where hopefully we will meet up with other early folks such as yourself. I figure we can swap info and gouge on the Lake (mine is only minor East-end info) talk boats share traditional "boat-soda" and hoot it up a bit. After that, we're back to Buck Creek Marina where we hope to secure a slip over night Thur and Fri and back to the cottage for BBQ, dueling accoustic guitar and "campfire-soda". Friday, the intent is to top off on petro and make the long haul to Jamestown Marina where hopefully we'll bump into you guys again and set off shore and watch the arrivals there, and maybe the park too. We'll play it by ear from there. Saturday we trailer to Jamestown to play Sat/Sun then back to the cottage Sunday night and on the road Monday morning to Va. Beach.

That's our itinerary and we'll have the FRS's on channel 4 (no sub-code capability) as well as monitoring VHF-71, if we can hear over the stereo's. So all look for the Stingray 230SX (www.geocities.com/h20bugged/Stingray.html) [zero not OH] the two Donzi's, 22 and 26ZX's and the baby dung-beetle with "Tweety-Boy" and "Blondie" in a four boat formation. See ya on the water....... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

"...we sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those that would harm us..."

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 05-01-2001).]

roadtrip2
04-24-2001, 03:41 PM
Ok Stung Again,
I had to work hard to find you on Buck Creek, but I did. You aren't even on the lake at that point, it's the river. At Burnside, where the lake more or less begins, you are 15 miles west from Conley Bottom Marina across from Cumberland Point. Let's plan on lunch there and then we'll go run the eastern end. I am much more familiar with the west end, so we'll swap notes and you lead the convoy. As for all of this "boat soda", I'm out on that if it ends in one of your infamous "batman turns"! Although I've heard there is a pretty decent medical facility in Somerset, so if we got to pick your pieces out of the lake the best place to do it is on the east end!!! I have a 22 Classic with red sides and Scott Dabbs has a 16 with red sides. We'll hook up and maybe even do a little river running. We'll dial up the VA contingent when we roll in Wednesday night. Peace, Todd

Bandit
04-24-2001, 06:46 PM
I've been off the board a few days and I see we're moving right along.

Bryan T., Stung_Again and the rest of the VA group: you were looking for a place to wash the road grit off your boats when you get to town. There's a South bypass around Somerset that you'll be coming in on (from HWY 80) which intersects the road to your cabin. Stay on it a couple more miles and it will deadend on HWY 27. You'll see a spray carwash on your right. Better yet, hang a right going N. HWY 27 for a couple more miles and on the left (next to Bob Evans) there's a fellow Donzi carwash owner who's a buddy of mine which I'm sure would like to take a peak at your boats. It's also a new facility with sprayers and offers full service w/ a towel dry for the trucks. Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thurs. and anyone else that once to stop by.

Madpoodle, the water patrol usually gets more laid-back as the summer goes by. They always have to break in the rookies early on, so sometimes they like to put on a show. As Roadtrip2 already touched on, the lake is in the pretty good shape and you shouldn't have any problems with the depth. There's no channel markers. There are a couple islands on the lower end which popup later in the summer and watch the shores along the Boys Camp, which is between Connely Bottom and Jamestown. I did notice this past weekend lots more logs, trees and such in the water. It looks like it's starting to come out of the creeks so I wouldn't make plans on running at night.

Rick R., the food a Lee's Ford is pretty good for a sit down deal. I'm not sure when they open for the season as the same with Connely Bottom (which is burgers and fries).

"Tomahawk", Thanks for the info and I'll get things worked out with Frieda.

ScottB., Oh, I couldn't sale the Donzi before AOTH. I'm just now getting her de-winterized and cleaned up. Not scheduling any potential test drives until post-AOTH....

------------------
Bandit...

Bryan Tuvell
04-24-2001, 07:34 PM
BANDIT... thanks.... see ya that Thursday for sure.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell
04-24-2001, 08:04 PM
ROADTRIP2; I am new on those waters too; I desire to see the Bandit on Thursday but am game for meeting or having lunch anyplace...
I rarely miss a meal, bring on the food.

I look forward to seeing that sharp classic.
Bryan

boldts
04-24-2001, 10:04 PM
Bandit,
Wouldn't matter if you were to sell the Donzi before AOTH. All the help and support you've given me, your a life long member of the Midwest Donzi Club in my book. Sorry to hear about the wood in the lake. We'll just have to watch out and use common sense. Still have 2 plus weeks, before the gathering. Gives me something else to pray for on Sundays. Logs on banks, and no rain.

Scott Boldt

harbormaster
04-25-2001, 07:23 AM
Guys looks like I am going to miss a good time.
Roadtrip offered a seat in his vehicle from Fort Worth. Unfortunately My inlaws are in town that weekend and my time is spoken for.
I will try to make the next one.

I will be at the the New York event and hope to see some folks there.

roadtrip2
04-25-2001, 09:38 AM
Scott V,
Sorry you aren't going to make it. You change your mind and get a wild hair, we leave Wednesday morning. We'll leave the light on for ya! Seriously, I appreciate the work you do to support this forum and you have contributed to the AOTH. We'll toast you at the dock, Todd

DONZIMAN2
04-25-2001, 01:02 PM
Can't believe how quickly this is coming up. It's gonna be great.

Formula Jr
04-25-2001, 03:01 PM
INLAWS!
http://www.epud.net/~owen/shoot.gif

STUNG_AGAIN
04-25-2001, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by roadtrip2:
[B]IYou aren't even on the lake at that point, it's the river...As for all of this "boat soda", I'm out on that if it ends in one of your infamous "batman turns"! Although I've heard there is a pretty decent medical facility in Somerset, so if we got to pick your pieces out of the lake the best place to do it is on the east end!!!/B]

roadtrip2:
The river part is technically correct but it's beautiful and just a technicality.

Nothing wrong with "boat-soda" and bat-turns. Don't think we have worry too much about the use of any hospital, this puppy I'm piloting (as in fighter jet) was made for that sorta thing with a little juice to boot.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif Besides, I think 18 footers doing 80, 90 & 100+ better be spotting that hospital.... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/tongue.gif
Yes, please call Wednesday night and we'll nail down Thursday. Bandit, we'll try our best to push those logs ashore on Thursday and Friday if not we'll have log-slalom time trials as part of the festivities... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 04-25-2001).]

vagrant
04-25-2001, 03:47 PM
Well Guys
its almost here i'm still planninng on being there thursday afternoon. i'm still having to work out some small problems on my motors but plan to get some good hours on them this weekend couple of questions i plan on staying
on my boat at the docks do any of you think that will be a problem and also parking my truck and trailer overnight for the weekend are there any fees for this thanks and by the way my cell phone is 704-756-1915 when i arrive thursday i guess i will call out on the radio channel 71 to see who is here take care and see yall soon
david
vagrants twins
lake norman nc (:

jwright
04-25-2001, 10:14 PM
One of your newer members (me)has booked a cabin (cheap) at the Jamestown resort and is making the trek down from the North Pole(Michigan)!!! Behind me will be the Wayback Machine, a 1976 GT-21 with a small block.
I am planning on leaving thursday night, spend a night on the road, arrive friday afternoon. Then hit the road sunday for Michigan. My girlfreind (Darcy) will be joining me, so I will probably leave the GIL clamp on mufflers in place!!! But is tempting to have fun in a place without noise laws.!!! But I will flush the motor so I do not bring our zebra mussels down to your lake...
So let me know what the best way to meet up with people on friday is, I sure would like to get a ride in on friday. Also, are most people getting a slip?
Looking forward to seeing some classic Donzis!!!!

Jeff Wright

boldts
04-25-2001, 10:24 PM
Jeff,
I am leaving early Friday morning from Columbus, OH. Geoo and his X-18 are meeting me in Columbus. We are then stopping in Cincinnati to gather a few more to head to Cumberland. We all should be there around 12:00pm to 1:00pm. I hope also to run my boat a little Friday afternoon. I will probably be hangin around the resort in case someone needs some help. I'd also like to meet each and every person attending our gathering.

Scott Boldt
Midwest Donzi Club

RedDog
04-25-2001, 11:29 PM
jwright - I'm new too, but starting from the Jameston I don't thk we can miss. See you there... I'm in a room not a cabin...

------------------
Reddog
mailto:tsfloyd@bigfoot.comtsfloyd@bigfoot.com</A>

Formula Jr
04-26-2001, 01:19 AM
So the main friday nexus will be at the Jamestown resort? Is there enough room in parking for all these boats? Guess I should just get there earily and wing it.

GEOO
04-26-2001, 05:21 AM
Guys, Don't forget to notify your insurance carrier so your boat is covered at Lake Cumberland. Some insurances have boundaries. GEOO

STUNG_AGAIN
04-26-2001, 01:21 PM
About time to go home and do a little trailer PMS (that's Preventative Maintenance not the other thing) and ice down a few "porch-soda's"... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

The adventure in the Kentucky wilderness is drawing near and the checklist hasn't gotten any shorter so I need to get to work.... Let's see, "boat-soda", fuel/water separator, "cottage-soda", spare buddy bearing, "76-Falls-soda", spare thermostat, "dam-soda".....I think there's food on here somewhere....spare oil & filter, "morning-soda", spare serpentine belt, "ramp-soda", spare bow/stern light bulbs, "maintenance-soda" (if necessary), oh yeah, and a bag of chips........ http://www.donzi.net/ubb/cool.gif

http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif 12 days and a wake-up before the "Virginians" depart... http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by STUNG_AGAIN (edited 04-26-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
04-26-2001, 02:51 PM
STUNG, man you sure like soda...

TRIP TICKET for AOTH, 58, 85/40 75N in the Jeep, cash on hand, now last minute preps to the boat, pack and I am ready.

I saw they have a classic rock radio station in Cumberland!!!

Bryan

DONZIMAN2
04-26-2001, 03:19 PM
Bryan/Stung, Spoke to the dealer/factory today. Boat is finished and being shipped. Bryan, If they don't have classic rock we will shove some CD'S in the 10 Stack.

Frank Civitano
04-26-2001, 04:36 PM
Dually is ready Boat is almost ready and we will be on our way Thursday night, See everyone Friday!

------------------
Frank Civitano

Bryan Tuvell
04-28-2001, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to make sure this thread didn't slip away. I programmed the classic rock station in the stereo today, got the second battery thing going on and finished some last minute preps.......

9 Days and a WAKE UP and we head west! I can't wait to meet everyone and see all the awesome Donzi's.

HEY SCOTT B, did you go into hibernation, or are you just busy waxing the Classic?
Bryan

boldts
04-28-2001, 09:25 PM
Everyone,
Sorry, I've been real busy lately. Sorry Madpoddle, but since the event made print www.mwdonziclub.com/sandollar.htm (http://www.mwdonziclub.com/sandollar.htm) I'd like the Donzi to look the best she can. Have another day of work on her planned again tomorrow. Sure would like to splash her, but first things first. Almost Awakening day. Can't wait to meet all of you. Take care on your trips to Kentucky. See ya there.

Scott Boldt

[This message has been edited by boldts (edited 04-28-2001).]

Bryan Tuvell
04-28-2001, 09:26 PM
MadPoodle, after this tow (727 miles +) my boat will be filthy looking for a bath... I did my waxing here in VA, something tells me mine will shine less than the famous classics....
Bryan

GEOO
04-29-2001, 03:33 PM
Went for the last run before AOTH. Time to put the interior in and start packing!!! Can't wait!!! I have 4 rolls of Color Slide 35mm and 4, 90min video cassettes. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif GEOO