PDA

View Full Version : Roadtrip's View of Michigan

Rootsy
12-24-2003, 10:59 AM
or it probably will be by spring wink :p :D

Aug. 12: Moved to our new home in Michigan. It is so beautiful here. The Woods, lakes and hills are so majestic. I can hardly wait to see the snow covering them.

Oct. 14: Michigan is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves have turned to colors and are different shades of orange and red. Went for a ride through these beautiful woods and saw some deer. They are so graceful - they are certainly the most wonderful animals on earth. This must be paradise. I love it here.

Nov. 11: Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. I hope it will snow soon. I love it here.

Dec. 2: It snowed last night. Woke to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won); and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place. I love Michigan.

Dec. 12: More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get to work. I'm exhausted from all this shoveling. F***ing snowplow.

Dec. 22: More of that white stuff fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snowplow guy hides around the curve and waits until I’m through shoveling the driveway. A**hole!

Dec. 25: Merry f***ing Christmas. More frigging snow. If I ever get my hands on that son-of-a-b**ch who drives the snowplow, I swear I’ll kill the b****rd. Don’t know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the f***ing ice.

Dec. 27: More white s**t last night. Been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after the snowplow goes through. Can't go anywhere; car's stuck in a mountain of white s**t. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of the s**t again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is? -

Dec. 28: The f***ing weatherman was wrong; we got 34 inches of that white s**t this time. At this rate it won't melt before the summer... The snowplow got stuck up the road and that b****rd came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already shoveling all the s**t he pushed onto my driveway, I broke my last one over his f***ing head.

Jan. 4: Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get some food and on the way back a damned deer ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did $3000 damage to the car. Those f***ing beasts should all be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them all last November.

May 3: Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the damned thing is rusting out from all the f***ing salt they put all over the roads?

May 10: Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that god-forsaken state of Michigan.

oldLenny
12-24-2003, 11:33 AM
LOL :D :D :D

I'm sure it's nothing like TEXAS.

roadtrip se
12-24-2003, 12:48 PM
Not quite accurate, but very close Roots!

Some additions...

I saw a strange and foreign thing in the sky the other day, it was the sun.

I swear my neighbor is trying to shoot deer off of the back porch. I have nothing against hunting, but I'm hitting the deck when I hear that carbide go off!

Gravel roads, what gravel? Still looking for a single rock! These things are dirt and now mud.
My company Taurus is a unique shade of tan.

TexMex is the stuff you hide under a pound of cheese. Brisket is used to make corned beef. Spice choices include salt and pepper, what else ya need?

I keep hearing that you get used to the cold when your blood thickens up. Do you think these vodka thinners with an olive I keep taking at night are slowing the process down? The people at Lands End and I are on a first name business.

It snows here? I'm waiting... Bring it on. If its gonna be cold, then let it snow. Hell, I'll drive the fricking John Deere to work!

Thank God I get here early enough in the year to experience St. Clair, the Gauntlet, Brownies, and all of the great folks of MADCOW. We haven't lost our humor yet, but we're working on it!

Happy Hoildays everybody!

Todd
"Is that Miami Boat Show a month this year?"

smoothie
12-24-2003, 02:28 PM
:D LOL!!! Rootser,but you left out the wonderful winter sunsets....

http://www.donzi.net/photos/rickset.jpg

And no its not the cover of Black Sabbath eek!

Team Jefe
12-25-2003, 04:58 PM
Snowed in a house with Jill....I could think of worse things :D

Hang tough 'Trip, Miami is only a mere 7 weeks away. wink