PDA

View Full Version : Quit crying about the cold

Ed Donnelly
12-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Just got back from 4 glorious days away from Toronto's 30 F weather.No need for sunglasses, there was no sun,no clouds for 2 days either. If someone said it was 12 o'clock, you wouldn't know if it was noon or midnight. The sun stopped appearing the first week in November. Exact location was 76 degrees N 97 degrees W . The flight cost $4,300.00 return.Toronto to Montreal, Montreal to Iqaluit(Frobisher Bay)with windchill -28 F. From Iqaluit to Resolute Bay. With windchill -35 F. From Resolute Bay to Little Cornwallis Island(Cominco Mines) -40 F with winchill -70 F..On the last leg to Little Cornwallis Island, they spend 15 minutes on what to do if you crash.#1 If anyone is injured and bleeding, get as far away as possible from them. Do NOT offer assistance. (Polar Bears have a keen sense of smell).Must do list. Walk on the Artic Ocean, See Garrow Lake, 1 of only 2 true dead lakes in the world.See a real live Polar Bear. See a real live Muskox,and find time to fix the 3 Dravo heaters,and, 2 Volcano boilers.. After all that is why I went there..You have no idea how glad I was to get back to the warm 30 F weather.But I wouldn't have missed this trip for the world.(Well maybe a week in Florida going for a ride on MadPoodles Criterions, and comparing notes between our 2 Criterion SS's...Ed

oldLenny
12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
All is warm in here. Boating inside is the only way to go. Merry X-mas Ed... :D

http://www.donzi.net/photos/deneenandlen1.jpg.jpg

MOP
12-22-2003, 07:34 PM
A little Grape anti freeze don't hurt either :D

Jack Frost
12-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Ed,
now that's my kinda weather, I love messing with the thin bloods of grapefruit land this time of year just a bit of chill in the air

Jack
boocoo baby!!! eek! :D

Rootsy
12-22-2003, 09:35 PM
hey jack!!! where the hell's my white christmas... :mad: here you go and dump a few inches then you go on vacation or WTF... nearly 50 F today here???? Some badass cold hearted snowman you are :rolleyes: in case you've caught a case of alzhiemers... This is Michigan... it is late December... it's supposed to be WHITE for God's sake! now get your snowbally lil white arse in gear and get the great lakes snow machine in gear... you have 3 days... and counting... MISTER...

you fail... i break out the salomander and hunt your ass down... eek!

Root - Armed and Dangerous... :D

Jack Frost
12-23-2003, 07:29 AM
be careful what you wish for.......

http://beta.weather.com/weather/detail/USMI0229?dayNum=2

thinking I'll wait til april then give it to them..

Jack Frost
Mr. Ice Meister

Forrest
12-23-2003, 08:55 AM
Tallahassee yesterday:

Sunny :cool:
Low: 26 F eek!
High: 69 F :)

Cuda
12-24-2003, 03:09 AM
I was working in Port Charlotte yesterday, 81 degrees. :cool:

Jack Frost
12-24-2003, 10:28 AM
yuk it up now boys , but keep the antifreeze close by, when you least expect it .
I'll be there!

and Board gods it's not frozen member, it's
stiff member!!! eek! eek! :p :p wink :D

Jack
how do you make antifreeze, you steal her night gown!

north of hudson bay

Rootsy
12-24-2003, 10:54 AM
well jack it looks like your lil butt is safe for now... :( i have a whole whopping 2 inches of snow... :rolleyes: you wimp... grow some gonads! let me see what you're REALLY kade of :D looks like lately you've been nothing but a bunch of hot air.. literally :p

Root - snow deprived

olredalert
12-28-2003, 05:56 PM
------Just got back from Pt.Vallarta,Mex. where we spent 20 of the best weather days I ever saw in my entire life. Saw three DONZIs (all newer,2 fish,1 Z/24). All on trailers. Couple of Cigs. Some other oddball stuff. Surprized me as it would seem to be a boating paradise,except for that pesky salt-water. Gas a bit on the high side though.........Bill S