PDA

View Full Version : Need a Techy!

MOP
09-27-2002, 11:50 AM
Can any of the more learned computer folks up here give a clue how to fix the browsing problem I have. When doing a search I will hit a occational web page that will make my system pop an aplet saying: FWDRV: Idi Hook Set Completion Routine: Unable to alloca 'Buffer'

Tidbart
09-27-2002, 03:20 PM
Try this:
In your browser, go to 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Advanced'. Then scroll to the "Browsing" section. It might even be right there in the window. Now scroll down the list under Browsing and look for "Disable script debugging". Make sure this is checked. Then just under it is "Display a notification about every script error". Uncheck this one.

Just a thought, try it and see.

Bob

MOP
09-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Hi just checked it out, was set that way already. Thanks for the try.

Tidbart
09-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Sorry, that is about the exent of my computer know-how.
Next!

Bob

MOP
09-28-2002, 06:14 PM
NEXT! Please!

DonRatto
09-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Have you restarted your computer in a while, only reason I ask is that sometimes your computer allocates memory and in order to reset that it needs to be restarted, if that is not it, the other possibility was that if you are on different websites and are opening page after page the computer will allocate memory buffer to open all those graphics. Inside your Control Panal there is Internet Options go to Clear History and get rid of some of the places you have been, plus you can delete stored files. That may help. I will look into some other things for you, I will try to get back to you before I go overseas. Hope some of this helps

MOP
09-30-2002, 05:15 PM
Hi
I am running Win98, 256 megs ram, 450 AMD. I've tried several different bios settings. Gone back and forth with windows managing memory etc. Its got me stumped. I shut down daily so it should dump the memory. Any ideas welcome, if it keeps up may just reload the bugger.

DonRatto
10-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Do have a copy of any other operating system, Win 98, and this is a personal opinion is not the best, Win 2000 seems to be the best right now, for some reason when you got into higher memory on Win 98 it starts to act funny, but anything is better than nothing, and I could have a copy of 2000 hanging around in my office :D

MOP
10-03-2002, 07:11 AM
Don I do not do anything that requires alot of ram, maybe I should pull out a stick. Do you think this would help thing out? Thanks for getting into this.

DonRatto
10-04-2002, 10:49 PM
Mop before you do that run a defrag on the systems drive, and then run a scan disk this will repair any damaged sectors on the hardrive and the defrag will put all the files you been using back were they are supposed to be, it will speed up your computer. to get to defrag go to Start, then Programs, then Accesories, Go to System Tools and then to Disk Defragmentor, select the C drive and defrag the drive, same with Scan Disk. Give those a try, and if that does not work, try pulling out on Ram. Just to let you know I am flying out to Germany on Saturday, and then to England so I will not be around for 2 weeks, just letting you know so you think that I am not ignoring you for 2 weeks, I will check the post when I get back, and see if we have made any progress, no problem on getting involved just trying to help, to many people have forgot what that means. Talk to you later, hope this helps.

MOP
10-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi and thanks i do scan disk atleast once a week and defrag every two weeks. Guess I will try pulling ram.

DonRatto
10-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Mop, how did we do? If this fails I will talk to one of my programers to see what they have to say, just got back from Germany, so let me know how we did

MOP
10-22-2002, 07:17 PM
Nope I am still having a problem, even some e-mails that have visual content will trigger it. One of the worst is Hewlett Packard advertisments.
But I would say one out of 30-40 web pages will do it. One of my Buds thinks its an active X thing. Thanks for on going support.