PDA

View Full Version : Cel phone carrier Michigan

Sagbay32
11-25-2002, 05:03 PM
I am looking for a new cel phone company. I currently have Nextel and think I may try
T-Mobile. Does anyone have any input for me (specially in Michigan). I like Nextel and use their 2-way feature alot, but the Wife needs to buy a new phone and a change may be in order.

Mike in White Lake

Sam
11-25-2002, 06:00 PM
We use Verizon for all our business phones, for the most part no problems.

Sam

Ranman
11-25-2002, 09:51 PM
As far as quality goes here's how I rank the companies:

1.) Verizon - huge local calling area without roaming, least number of dropped calls, kinda pricey

2.) Cingular - slightly smaller local area, a few more dropped calls (not bad though), better packages/pricing

3.) Nextel - Well Nextel is sort of it's own animal. I switched from CIngular to Nextel. Nextel drops way more calls, but has the two way thingy. For me the jury is still out.

4.) T-Mobile - I have not used them personally, but I've heard a few horror stories...

HyperDonzi
11-25-2002, 10:11 PM
Here- Verizon, huge area, no dropped calls since i got the phone (3mos)cheaper- 650 anytime, free night/weekend for 45$

Sprint- small area, expensive (200 anyime, free night/weekend min for 50$)any call made was dropped.

Tidbart
11-26-2002, 06:59 AM
Hyper,
Are you kidding me? You have a cell phone? At your age? What is this world coming to?

Bob

Brad Lyon
11-26-2002, 11:35 AM
Mike,

For what is worth Kim has Verizon and I have AT&T and both services work well. We both had Sprint and could not wait to get out of the contracts because it sucks!

Brad

Sagbay32
11-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Thank you for the replies. I love the Netel for the 2 way. It is so much easier than placing a call. The Nextel pricing is a little high. We pay 120.00 a month including taxes for 2 phones, but no nationwide long distance. I use Cingular for work and it seems to be ok.

Decisions, Decisions

Mike

HyperDonzi
11-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Tidbart, Yeah, parents said I should get one, Wow, I was growing up. so I got one and now realized how much I use it. at places, long distance etc...

btw, Nextel is one of the worse around here (besides sprint)

Rootsy
12-01-2002, 03:15 PM
I use verizon... digital and analog so when you are out of digital you still have service off of the ole towers... i used to have the nationwide plan when i traveled a lot but have since gone to the midwest package now that i don't... no roaming, no long distance, voicemail the whole 9 yards.. 250 minutes a month w/ 2000 weekend minutes per month... something like 30 or 35 bucks a month. works fine for me as far as reception, no lost calls, etc etc etc... verizon has been expanding their digital area all year also.. i almost have it all the way to where i live now... BUT now for the equipment... that sucks... but that is another story... damn cigarette lighter cords and batteries...

HyperDonzi
12-01-2002, 03:52 PM
Yeah, my old Sprint phone I could get around 7 or 8 talk time hours with a week of stand by and not be near close to dead. My dads old Nokia had a battery that lasted forever, like a 25 hour talk time.

Verizon phone gets maybe 2 hours of talk time! If it bothered me enough, I could get another battery but not enough to take 100 bucks out of my donzi fund...

Sagbay32
12-02-2002, 05:28 PM
Like I said earlier, I love my Nextel. It looks like most of the people I have talked to say Verizon if you don't need the 2-way.

Hmmmmmm

:rolleyes: Mike