PDA

View Full Version : Web Page tour of my Dome

Formula Jr
08-30-2002, 04:23 PM
Just remember to take your shoes off before entering. Oky? :D

http://www.epud.net/~owen/dome4.html

McGary911
08-30-2002, 05:20 PM
Sweet place, Bucky F. would be proud. What kind of lights are those long ones above the stove, on the ceiling (if you could call it a ceiling)? Looks like its pretty close to being done, are you gonna live there, or is it a getaway spot? I know there are a lot of dome kits out there, which did you use? Yeah, lots of questions, but I've always loved these things.

Formula Jr
08-30-2002, 07:09 PM
The main design theme was to create a modern rendition of an Art Deco interior. The large main lights are Floreceint tubes in custom housings of which there are 20, in four sets - each set having five lights. Since the ballasts don't like dimmers on these, they are wired so that individual lights are switched so I can in effect, dim them for mood. I also played with the tube temps for different wave lengths so they give a polychrome effect when they are all on.

The kit was bought through Oregon Dome, based about 12 miles away. .
The interior lay-out is my design.

harbormaster
08-30-2002, 08:50 PM
THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL HOME.

EricG
08-30-2002, 09:38 PM
That's Increadible Owen!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kath and I have been watching a ton of HGTV lately...so we both very much enjoyed the virtual tour...she thinks you need to submit it to them for one of their "Homes Accross America" or perhaps "Extreme Homes" episodes.

Very impressive....when do you actually move in?

-EG & K

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 12:02 PM
BY HarborMaster: THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL HOME. i like the openness.

oldLenny
09-01-2002, 09:50 AM
Owen, can Gerry and I have a personal tour (with Henry of course) when I show up on October 1st some time? (in theory with a boat still in tow) :rolleyes:

BERTRAM BOY
09-02-2002, 06:21 PM
So Owen,
Let me get this straight, You like most guys, don't completley understand women, Is that why you live in a BIG GIANT NIPPLE?
ANONYMOUS :D :D :D

Scott Pearson
09-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Owen....Is that true what Cliff (Bertram Boy) wrote??? "You like most guys???" What gives?

(NJ)Scott

Formula Jr
09-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Well, it does sort of remind one of a nipple, how ever I think it more closely represents a slightly smaller, yet more important feature of female anatomy. :D

Maybe I should call it "rosebud?" wink

CDMA
09-02-2002, 10:51 PM
I have to say Owen I never thought your reply could be more funny then cliffs post... LOL

Chris

Scott Pearson
09-03-2002, 05:33 AM
Owen,
I have to agree with Chris on this one.

Now that you metion it Owen, your right!

Gotta love it!

(NJ)SCott

Dr. Dan
09-03-2002, 08:16 AM
wink Very Cool Owen...! I built homes all over the Country...for 16 years...I can appreciate your efforts...Good Job ...it will be well worth the sweat and sacrifice when you are finished, which we all know never actually happens, you always have something going on, but it looks neat...you should be proud, those angles and dimensional spaces create their own challenges alone..Good Luck :D ...Doc

BERTRAM BOY
09-03-2002, 06:39 PM
I forget one Freakin' comma, and all hell breaks loose........
Who woulda thought that Pearson would be the grammar expert?
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

ToonaFish
09-04-2002, 10:45 PM
Commas can cause comas...

Honey, the rabbit, died.

"Honey, the rabbit died."

Very neat house, Owen, and I'm curious as to how you plan to furnish it... same theme as the exterior? I'm thinking playbills from "The V@8!N@ Monologues" would be appropriate...

Bunches,

Celene 'the pump house is phallic'

Formula Jr
09-07-2002, 06:51 AM
Mable was mailed to me one day as a present. I then mailed her back, only to receive her once again hidden with some other goodies. So I mailed her back; also hidden in some goodies. And then I drove her cross country till I found a ghost town called "Mable." And that's where she is today.

Sorry for the slip, I meant to say marble.......Its a long and very odd story....... :D

Blewbyu
09-09-2002, 02:23 PM
BB-What a CLASSIC omission of a comma!Pearson sure didn't waste any time getting on it either.I 'bout fell off my chair laughing!I just KNEW Owen would have a classic to return.......
WAAAAAAAAY funny! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Blewbyu
09-09-2002, 02:31 PM
Owen-Who did your roofing, and how did you ever find someone to do it??Holy Cow, that is a complex design!Can't imagine the angles you had to deal with during the building process!
GOOD JOB!!!!It's pretty impressive! eek! eek!

Donzigo
09-12-2002, 07:59 PM
Very pretty home!

Richard

Digger
09-13-2002, 11:19 AM
wow... nice place Owen!

its not too late to put a wet bar in every room :D

Formula Jr
09-14-2002, 04:59 AM
Jeff, the roofer was a Native American fella. One of the best roofers in the county. He specialized in Domes - right after roofing mine, he won the state lottery and retired. Domes can bring a 20 year carpenter to his knees in prayer to the great compound cut goddess in the sky. The house was really just an excuse for me to buy every freaken construction tool ever made. Before doing this, the biggest thing I'd ever built was a dog house - a very badly built dog house at that . It was a great learning experience. Of coarse being an ex-computer programer didn't help. I figured all the rough openings should be 1/16, or less, larger than the windows and doors. Some of my real contractor friends were shaking their heads when they saw there were no shims on anything. :D

Wet Bar? I just issue each guest a fith and show 'um where the ice is............... wink

ToonaFish
09-14-2002, 11:57 AM
Yep, you know that you are living in a man's world when you discover that 2x4's aren't...

cistineb smileybo

Bunches,

Celene 'girls take home ec, where exacting measurements of fabric and condiments determine your grade... what exactly do they teach guys in shop?'