PDA

View Full Version : MC from MC

Morgan's Cloud
12-18-2003, 02:19 PM
Dear All,

A little Christmas preamble from captain Morgan..
The last 12 months or so have been a bit bumpy on the boating scene here.Last October the Magnum was hauled for some engine dress up.. new stainless manifolds and associated goodies.Hit the water in June 2003 and I got about 1 hour running time before the coupler sheared while in the hands of my brother.This was at the begining of a local 2 week holiday so you know I was very happy :rolleyes:
By the time it went back over it had $12000 dumped into it in 10 months.One week later it was hauled because of hurricane Fabian.
At this stage of the game I have about 2 hours behind the wheel this season.
Sometime during the storm (which had recorded gusts of 174 MPH) something substantial went flying through the air and hit the boat.My guess was that it was going at least 125 MPH on impact. RESULT : $20,000 worth of damage. Remember I spent 2 and a half years on this project.. I was pretty heartbroken.I have no idea when it will be completed but the insurance co has been OK so far.The person doing the job is nothing short of psychotic and has'nt started yet but I know I'm going to be on valium the day he gets going :D

Oh well , I'm glad I had the Donzi tied down during the storm.I still can't believe the hull (just a shell at that point) is still here with me !With no Magnum to play in I have been getting quite a bit done on the St Tropez lately.The Main floor insert and lazarette hatch have been re-cored (foam and epoxy resins) and look and feel incredible.The cockpit floor is ready to do and I'm just waiting for a dry/still day.Working outside sux !But I hate to admit that I have'nt had the wheel in my hands now for almost 3 years.
I'm suffering boat withdrawal pretty badly.

Anyhow... I'm lucky enough to work for a company that closes over Christmas , even though I feel like a real Scrooge this year,so I won't be around as much as usual until Jan 5th (starting tomorrow).. read between the lines there .. biggrin. biggrin.

Thought I'd just say how much I've enjoyed hanging around these last few months.If I could post pics' maybe I could make my submissions as fun as you guys (and gals) do.

Have a great holiday.. even if you don't celebrate it just enjoy the time off !

And lastly, lets all work to make your great country and the rest of the world a safe place again.Remain vigilant at all times !

There ..I feel a little better already .

Best wishes to all/Steve

Digger
12-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Steve sorry to hear of your boat troubles. I feel your pain, trust me on that one. But, all will be better given time and patience and hard earned $

enjoy your vacation and happy holidays!