PDA

View Full Version : attn BANDITS: Stolen Boat on Lake Winni

Crazy Horse
12-16-2003, 08:33 PM
Bandits, Saw this on the Winni web site. There is a photo of it on there too.

Hello Winnipesaukee.com readers -I need your help!

Sometime between this past Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning our 28ft Cigarette Open was stolen from the yard where it stays all winter in Gilford. All Sports is just down the road from Sawyers, and across the street from the entrance to Fay's Marina.

We keep it at Goodhue & Hakwins in Wolfeboro for those of you that may get gas there, or have work done on your own boat by them. It is the first boat on the right as you came into the marina.

There are many other high perforance boats much more valuable than ours (multiple Cigarette's of all types) Scarabs, Donzi's, a few cats in the same yard for the winter -but somebody spent what is being guessed at 20-30 minutes pulling my boat specifically out of the snow to get at it. (They had to pull a Ski Nautique out of the way and leave it in the middle of the parking lot in order to get to it!)

Please: If anyone has seen this boat on the highway, the side of the road, another yard -anything at all- please contact myself or the Gilford NH police department as soon as you can.

Gilford NH PD Contact: Officer Kelly Seager 603-527-4737.

This is a photo of the boat on the trailer. Will try and post more and better shots later today.

Name: Summer Sleigh
Bow Numbers: NH 6173 BG
Trailer Plate: NH Registration H20 TOW

Any & all information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Andrew
Damdonzi@msn.com
800-635-2313

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
12-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Pictures:
http://www.fastboats.info/upload/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14856

Rootsy
12-16-2003, 09:05 PM
there is a thread on this subject with photos... at OSO...

harbormaster
12-17-2003, 09:38 AM
It might even end up in a container ship bound for some other country.

McGary911
12-17-2003, 11:38 AM
Harbormaster:
It might even end up in a container ship bound for some other country. Good point HM. I just called a buddy who works the docks in Newark, NJ, and told him to keep an eye out.

harbormaster
12-18-2003, 07:38 AM
I wonder what the liability is of the yard where it was being stored for the winter...

mattyboy
12-18-2003, 08:06 AM
how was the boat setup ?? everyone should look out for some one with a new setup or looking to unload the drives blocks and such (ebay !!!). These aholes should be treated like horse thieves in the wild wild west.
hi po boating is a small world and these guys can be found and most likely trip themselves up
Most people are stoopid like the guy who had his girlfriend take pics of him liftin electronics at wal mart with a display dig cam you know the ones chained to the case!!! eek! eek!

Matty

BUIZILLA
12-18-2003, 08:50 AM
dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

wow, what a bummer :mad:

If it's an open boat, I could be VERY interested if the owner wants to sell whats left. somebody must have had their eye on that boat for quite some time.

wow, what a tough deal. i would be sick...

J

KMLFAMILY
12-18-2003, 04:03 PM
What are real shame.I can"t imagine the feeling of having to haul home an empty hull.They weren"t even smart enough to steal something with triples instead of a single.I hope their fingerprints get them nailed.