PDA

View Full Version : Where can I go to get a degree??? (car seat question)

2biguns
11-13-2003, 08:37 AM
Surely some on-line college offers a doctorate in baby furniture/equipment/toy construction?

Amy is due any day (actually any minute) now and we're getting everything set up and ready.

I've always considered myself fairly adept at fixing stuff and putting things together, at least until last Saturday when I spent 3 hours trying to put together a freaking stroller. I think I have finally found the secret lair for the expatriated Nazi scientists--they draft the instruction manuals for baby items. :D

My big question now: We bought the safest car seat available and it uses the LATCH system (anchors are set in the seat). Then we found out that Amy's 2001 Yukon did not come with the LATCH and had to order the partes from GMC.

Until they come in, can the seat still safely be installed using the belts or do we need to go borrow a newer vehicle until hers is upgraded? My truck, of course ('99 F250 Supercab) does not have the anchors. When I took it to the Ford place, they installed some kind of tether anchors but not the ones at the bottom.

Normally this could all wait but this morning Amy either peed on herself or her water broke. We don't know which yet.

McGary911
11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
Steve, I don't have kids, but I would suggest calling the seat manufacturer, they should be able to tell you if that will suffice. They may give you a big NO right off the bat though, due to liability issues. You may also want to try your local police station. Many departments near me will have an officer that has been sent to a course to evaluate baby seat installs. Parents can give a call and they will come by and inspect your seat as a courtesy.

Contrats on the kid too!..