Marine Engineering 4 – System design and specification
Marine Engineering 5 – Diesel engine design
Probability and Statistics
Ship Vibrations
Intro to Propeller theory
American History
Engineering economics

Going to be a rough semester huh???

Looks like a hard course load but I am thankful that I am getting farther away from the monotonous courses and into the more marine related courses.

Chris

mattyboy
08-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Chris, good luck sounds like an interesting schedule, the prop theory course sounds really interesting, I'd like to see that text book!

keep the nose to the grind stone!
Man I'm starting sound like my Dad :D
will we see you at the fall picnic?
Matt
should have paid more attn. in college
phd in basket weaving,minor in alcholic fluid dynmaics, and beverage service tech.

see I can't spell alcoholic

CDMA
08-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Will be at the picnic for sure. Just have to tidy up my new full hydraulic steering...

The prop theory course text was literally written by my professor. The guy has designed every propeller for every new nuclear powered vessel the navy has ever built...He is 82 and the idea with him right now by most of the naval architecture world is to " extract as much from him as possible before he dies".

He literally is the source for most of our modern propeller theory.

ToonaFish
08-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Some lame schedule... what they don't offer Underwater Basket Weaving or Water Ballet?

Bunches,

Celene 'feeling insufferably inferior'

Dr. Dan
08-28-2002, 07:06 AM
:D Tuna....It's called "synchronized swimming now" :D Looks like fun Chris....might see ya in 2 weeks, might not...still up in the air...Doc

Formula Jr
08-28-2002, 07:22 AM
Am History.............. can'o worms..... be careful and don't look too far.....ie it's a test to see if you CAN BE TRUSTED......... :D I kid you not........

HyperDonzi
08-28-2002, 02:05 PM
heres a plan to get boating education in highschool-
take as many corses as soon as possible and take an early leave on senior year! that is what i am trying to do now, after this year i should have 16/23 credits needed to graduate

Digger
08-28-2002, 03:26 PM
heavy load there Chris. Good luck!

Tidbart
08-28-2002, 07:56 PM
Looks like fun until you get to Engineering Economics. Yawnnn. No matter how they teach it, you will sleep.
Bob

Rootsy
08-28-2002, 08:56 PM
MAN... grad school keeps looking more and more inviting all of the time... i really did LOVE college.. life was so easy back then...

yes sir chris, looks like a decent load to me... now don't forget about all of us DONZI friends in the midst of your maddness...

root's course load rating scale

<12... Graduating SENIOR! WOOOOO PARTY!!!!
12 - 14... i still have 4 days of partying a week!
14 - 18... wow i actually go to school! where'd i put that alarm clock?
18 - 22... DAMN this backpack is heavy... sleep? what is that? i don;t THINK i forgot about a class, did i?
22+... mommy :(

have a good school year mr allard...

Stepped Bottom
08-29-2002, 07:07 PM
Oh my Gosh!! Makes my 7 credit hours seem like a breeze, only they're not. I was telling Donnie today that I'm really glad I decided not to add that extra course and become a "full time grad student" because I feel like I'm already behind and school just started this week. Are these 3 credit hour classes? Good luck to you Chris.

Darla

CDMA
08-29-2002, 07:25 PM
The course load is crazy. To sum it up I have 26.5 hours of actual class a week...

Chris

Formula Jr
08-29-2002, 10:49 PM
When you get to four way ANOVAS and orthogonals, just remember to follow the dots. And if you can find the time, tutor somebody lagging. Just writing them out over and over again will let you see the big picture so to speak.......I loved stats. Teaching it in an informal setting really brought it home. The best system I found was using the recorder for the class time stuff and rewritting the notes with annotation. All the halls of my old college are still filled with my "invisible" caulk mark formulas on the walls after 20 years... :D

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 12:05 PM
Formula JR, that reminds me of the movie "A Beautiful Mind" did anyone else see that? if you havent, go rent it, no action but it is good.

HyperDonzi
08-31-2002, 07:54 PM
also, what school is that at?

HyperDonzi
09-08-2002, 08:57 PM
CDMA, what school is that at???
what are entrance requirements?

Sagbay32
09-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Nuthin' like ending a sentnce with a preposition!
Hey CDMA, tell 'em where that school is at!

CDMA
09-08-2002, 09:53 PM
Where...Glen Cove NY

How hard to get in...1400+ sat. All A's

HyperDonzi
09-08-2002, 09:56 PM
wow! all A's, i know i cant do that, do you know of another school like that for students with 3.0-3.5 in highschool?

Sagbay32
09-08-2002, 10:26 PM
Join the Navy J/K

HyperDonzi
09-08-2002, 10:32 PM
joining the coast guard and then getting certified for marine mechanics is what i would choose over college believe it or not.

ToonaFish
09-09-2002, 11:41 AM
Study Hard Boys!

Teaching Math in 1950: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math in 1960: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math in 1970: A logger exchanges a set "L" of lumber for a set "M" of money. The cardinality of set "M" is 100. Each element is worth one dollar. Make 100 dots representing the elements of the set "M." Then set "C", the cost of production contains 20 fewer points than set "M." Represent the set "C" as a subset of set "M" and answer the following question: What is the cardinality of the set "P" of profits?

Teaching Math in 1980: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math in 1990: By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down the trees? There are no wrong answers.

Teaching Math in 2000: A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $120. How does Arthur Andersen determine that his profit margin is $60.

Teaching Math in 2010: El hachero vende un camion carga por $100. La questa de oduction es . . .

Gritz
09-09-2002, 11:53 AM
Toona,
Your last post makes your new avitar that much more fitting. My sentiments exactly. :D
Stan

HyperDonzi
09-10-2002, 02:22 PM
LOL, 60 profit from a 20$ loss!

Rootsy
09-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Oh for god's sake tuna... you crack me up... i NEEDED that laugh in a BAD way!!!

ummm well lets see... the 60 dollars profit comes from sale of "Opportunity flora" he happens across in the forest while skidding out the lumber of course... :D

lets see... Detroit drug dealer vs. Yooper.... hmmmmmm my money is on toivo...

ok i've had enough to drink tonight... :rolleyes: