PDA

View Full Version : Cig Firefox 24, and similarities (Brownie???)

oldLenny
12-13-2003, 06:25 PM
http://server1.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/upload/boats.3714.1.jpg

Sory for the "link to them,...here" but, this thing seems to share similarities to the X-18, the deck coaming etc and raised aft section and radius.

Question, when was this boat introduced, (this particular option for the hull) and does it in any way play a part in the influence of the X-18 design concept origins or visa versa.

(I am sure Brownie would know)...
Thanks

Morgan's Cloud
12-15-2003, 01:57 PM
Lenny,
I know that the X18 was around long before the Firefox came out.. I think it was one of the boats that Don introduced after he bought Cig back from Halter.I always thought he had resurrected the Cig 24 with a new deck design that became the Firefox.
With the right colours/graphics it is a VERY pretty boat ! NO doubt Brownie can set us straight !
Steve

oldLenny
12-15-2003, 02:06 PM
1973 was the first year of the "X". This boat was available before that...

Quote from Smoothie: "1971 was the first year and from there they were produced on and off up to a couple of years ago"

Morgan's Cloud
12-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Lenny .. do you mean Smoothie is saying that the FIREFOX came out in '71 and was manufactured sporadically up intill recently ?
I thought the Firefox was introduced sometime in the 80's and only a few were built as part of an existing 'no compete clause' that still existed somewhere...
All this speculating is great :D

oldLenny
12-15-2003, 04:58 PM
I don't know if he means the "Firefox" option or simply the 24'. ??? Where is he?

Regardless, it seems like they each played on each other to some degree of the concept. As to which was first, I don't know...Firefox option on the 24' or the X boat.

smoothie
12-15-2003, 05:06 PM
Im here :D just rolled in the driveway,,your original question I thought was about a standard 24' let me see what I can dig up on the firefox.