PDA

View Full Version : Cure for moles ?

Sam
08-22-2002, 06:49 PM
I have a plauge of moles in my yard, any sugestions how to get rid of them.

Sam

Formula Jr
08-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Moles hate vibration in the ground, they have very sensitive hearing. One of those little dasie whirlly-giggs will get rid of them. You can also get an old phone bell ringer and plant the two leads about 5 feet apart in the ground - this will shock the living sh#% out of them. If all else fails just toss a few sticks of chewing gum in one of their holes - they eat it and choke to death. Or if you have good water pressure you can flood them out and then bash 'em with a bat. Or you can pepper spray their hole till them come out and then you can put them in the shotgun trap slinger and dash them against a concrete wall or practice your lead through with #4 shot. Or you could duct tape them to a large estes model rocket, or... :D

Tidbart
08-22-2002, 07:29 PM
Simple. Call Bill Murray.

Bob

Gary S.
08-22-2002, 07:51 PM
If memory servers me correctly use milk weed spores,, it's not cheap but it works.

Sam
08-22-2002, 08:30 PM
Formula Jr., you are one sick guy..... I think I like you. Actualy I did catch one in the yard last night and took him out with a weed whip. Not very pretty but very effective.

Sam

Sagbay32
08-22-2002, 08:31 PM
It's funny you posted this Sam. I found a mole tunnel in my backyard tonight and I was wondering how to get rid of them.

My wife is an animal lover so I will have to try to repel them as opposed to the #4 iron.

Rootsy
08-22-2002, 08:40 PM
Sam,

being a farmboy, and growing up on the corner fo the grandparents farm my parents yard was ALWAYS infested with moles, especially after going to no-till... Moles tend to habitate where food is... moles just LOVE grubs and grubs just LOVE grass... soooo basically, get rid of the grubs and the moles will tend to leave on their own... there is a product called Grub-X that is supposed to kill off grubs. otherwise on a "get strange looks from the neighbors" method you can sit there with your lawnchair and pitch fork (shotgun leaves too large of a hole).. drink a beer or two or three and watch for the ground to move.. be vewy vewy quiet *shhhhhh* say, "i'm hunting mowes" and chuckle, creep up on it very light footed and stab em to death... yep that there is how we "country folk" do it...

Root

Ranman
08-22-2002, 11:01 PM
Junior, I had to laugh at your suggestions. You're a sick f**k. That post reminded me of the "shrimp in the blender" post. Sam however, almost knocked me out of my chair when I read about weed whipping one of the bastards. Too funny.

"If we kill all the gofers, won't they lock us up and throw away the key?" -Carl the Greenskeeper

Gearhead99
08-24-2002, 07:59 AM
.45 Colt Automatic and very careful aim !!

Tidbart
08-24-2002, 05:51 PM
Good job Ranman. At least someone understood my post.

You know guys, there life outside of Donzi.net!

Bob

abelchinewalker
08-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Ted does a special trick with a mole, or is it a hampster? I can never remember.

RedDog
08-26-2002, 01:59 PM
Jamie - I used to watch my dad use your technique but with a shovel - he liked scoop them out and then play with them. He skipped the beer though - perferred Old Crow :D

McGary911
08-27-2002, 06:45 PM
5 iron?

BERTRAM BOY
08-27-2002, 07:17 PM
Get a cat.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

Gearhead99
08-27-2002, 08:44 PM
Saw on the "Garden Rebel" the other day to use EX-LAX. Said to wear rubber gloves and put the squares down in the burroughs.

Makes them sh** to death.

Also, heard the same thing by with Jucy Fruit Gum.

I still like the .45