PDA

View Full Version : Update on Donzi warranty work at Factory

Team Hula Girl
11-05-2003, 09:50 AM
I just thought I would update everyone on my Warranty work that is going on at Donzi.

I recieved a call from John Connely at the factory. He was identifying place's on the boat that Donzi was going to repair for me out of the scope of the warranty. (gel coat, instruments, etc.) Thank you very much Donzi! This week they are going to be taking the motors, t-top, livewell, etc. off of the boat so they can take the cap off. I should know some more info next week.

So far the communication between Donzi customer service and myself have been exemplary to say the least. I have recieved at least one call a week to give me a status update.

John and Bea

BUIZILLA
11-05-2003, 10:12 AM
Just curious, but why the cap removal? :confused:

J

Team Hula Girl
11-05-2003, 12:49 PM
Buizilla,

The T-top has a LOT of movement. It appears that the T-top has become unattached from the supports/stringers just below the nonskid. The torque created from the top while underway has created some damage to other parts of the boats cap, primarily toward the front of the console. The joint where the cap is connected to the hull (under rubrail) has started to seperate also.

I have been through something similar to this with another manufactures boat before and I am pretty sure of what has happened. However, the only true way to get an accurate assessment is to pull the cap.

John

BUIZILLA
11-05-2003, 02:01 PM
John, great news to hear about honoring the repairs. I had an 18 Wellcraft OF that had a simialr problem, I took it back to Bradenton plant, and they gave me a new hull, rigged and ready to go, in 3 weeks.

J