PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's are a "little" steep here

oldLenny
12-09-2003, 02:04 PM
Looks to be a real one, with a mountain of non real parts.

This would be a $7-9K US boat (maybe)if it was south of the line in the Land of DONZI's and not here...

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=quick&boat_id=1178202&units=Feet¤cy=USD&access=Public&listing_id=23304&url=

other than the railing, dash, vents, 4.3, decals, rubrail, stern light, lift rings...etc

All this for 23K$ US...give me a break

MOP
12-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Lenny you guys got Palm trees up there? Main photo looks like Fla.

Ideas!

1. Guy probably bought it south and brought it home to try to make a killing.

2. The guy has deep pockets and had it all done professionaly, parts, power, trailer he has maybe $12-15,000 plus labor and buying the boat in what ever condition. Then getting it north up by you with taxes etc. looks like the whole boat was done.

Doubt if he will get close, how much to bring one over the border? One way or another he has to find another turkey!

Ed Donnelly
12-09-2003, 04:59 PM
No duty or taxes bringing a boat into Canada,BUT, they nail you duty and both taxes (15%) on the trailer, Plus you have to have the trailer certified and licenced for what ever province you are in.. PS If you want to put Canadian registration #s on it, you pay 7% Provincial tax. My Criterion still has the USA #s...Ed

oldLenny
12-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Ed, the conversion to bring a boat and trailer up here is peanuts really. Two taxes on converted purchase price and $180.00 extra for a trailer inspection by Transport Canada. (Canadian Tire actually for a blinker check and tire pressure/weight rating check).

A new 2004 16 sells for 25K $ US.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/57340726.htm

You COULD seriously buy boats like MOP's 16, Van A's 18 and flip them here and make good money. Not the big ones, just the Classics. All of these nice 12-14G boats would move well here and many have aluminum trailers, (don't see that much here) tandems' etc.

The key to importing and selling here is that the boat be USA made, (NAFTA), and the owner lets you leave the "tags" (plates) on it till it crosses the border. Otherwise, tow down a flat deck trailer of Canadian registry and place it on top. That would eleviate all the hassles.

MOP
12-09-2003, 06:55 PM
Lenny maybe I crate it up and ship it off to you we can split the overage :D :D

oldLenny
12-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Phil, I would have to try it out first...here of course. :rolleyes:

Yes, somewhere recently I read, that Vancouver Island (Victoria) is ranked third by population for non-native Palm tree planting. They are now all through the city as the trees in all the intersections. I have mine now, here. All nicer homes (not mine) have them all over. They stand up well, and no, it doesn't snow. Just a bit cool at times.

MOP
12-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Yup I was informed by my better half that there are a few hardy palms that will grow in the north including where I am. We get a little snow ask the Poodle! :D :D