PDA

View Full Version : Ranman

HyperDonzi
10-02-2003, 06:36 PM
Wasnt there a ticket you were going to post up for me sometime? You say you have me beat...

Tommy

HyperDonzi
10-02-2003, 07:16 PM
Randy, you might be the guy to ask about this...
Have a 1993 LX, 5.0HO engine, was taking the old girl friend out to diner a few months back,
Picked her up, was just turning onto another road, accelerating "maturley" (as in under 2300) There was a cop next to me, so it was maturley haha. Car was fine, shifted nice 1st, 2nd, then third, then as it was going into 4th, rev. Im thinking woah, this is a really controlled hydroplane (was strting to rain) then, I look at speedo, not revving sky high, so I put car from OD to D, then it catches 3rd. Car is fine driving 1-3, 4th just goes into neutral. Also, car shifts very low, Will be floored and shifting at 2500. Any Ideas? Is it toast? Not sure if I am going to keep the car, If I do, have you heard of any 3.8SC coupe Transmissions behind the 5.0?

Ranman
10-02-2003, 07:36 PM
Tommy,

Several years ago I was written a ticket for 100mph in a 55mph zone. I looked for the ticket, but could not find it. It's here somewhere cause I saw it not long ago.

As for the car, I'm not much of an automatic tranny guy. My guess it the car has an AOD trans. I would check to make sure it's full of fluid as strange things happen to auto trannys when they're low on fluid. If it's not the fluid, it's prolly smoked. I would think you could buy a complete working AOD for a couple hundred bucks and be back in good shape.

Where are you getting all these cars?

BTW, My bud sold his 12 second notchback last week for $7750 with 60K original miles and tons of great parts. Now my other buddy is selling his 92 LX hatchback. It's a high miler and it shows in the body, but she's got a KEnne Bell SC under the hood. The car has also been converted to 5 lug axles and SN95 CObra suspension and wheels. This is a 345HP car that runs in the 12's too. $4000 buys it.

HyperDonzi
10-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Where are you getting all these cars?

I have 2 cars now, had 4 last week, my truck, Thunderbid, a 91 MR2 non turbo, I have the turbo engine, was going to swap it in, sold that at a profit of 3$. Had a 86 RX7, with a turbo motor, got rid of it, Rotary haha.

The cop that pulled me over claimed I was doing 105, I told him there was no way I could get close, 90 was the best possible on a good day. He said that sounds good, If he would have had to write 105 He would have to impound my car and take me to the station and have my parents pick me up.

The 4k Forxbody,,,do you have any other information on it? Sounds like a good deal. Would he be willing to wait a few weeks for a test drive? I have my ranger for sale, along with the T-Bird, Might be able to sell it for 500 now as is, 1500 with the tranny working.

Tommy