PDA

View Full Version : My First Donzi...with questions!

muscleboat
10-23-2003, 04:35 PM
Ever since riding in a 18 classic three years ago I have been dreaming of owning one. Two weeks ago I stumbled on a really nice 94 Classic 18 and bought it. Now I'm looking to learn all I can about this boat. A couple questions I have are...

How many 94 Classics were manufactured? I read that production was increased from 47 a year to one a day sometime in the mid-90's.

What does the 350 Magnum have over a plain 350 Mercruiser?

Any suggestions on where to get an owners manual?

Any other ideas out there on where I can get info on my 94 Classic 18 is appreciated!

BTW, this is also my first power boat!!

Tidbart
10-24-2003, 07:50 AM
I'll try to help out.

Production, I have no idea.

350 Mag = 300 HP, Standard 350 is rated at about 260 HP

Owner's Manual, my 96 has one but the only thing in there worth anything is the wiring diagram. There is not a lot to it. I wouldn't bother looking for one.
What I would look to get is the service manuals for the Merc engine and drive. I also bought the manual for my drive. To me, this was money well spent. I use the manuals all the time. Here is one source for a manual.

http://www.stemtostern.com/catalog/DisplayProductDetails.asp?DepartmentInventoryRefID =400449

As far as info on anything about your 18, you are at the source. Just ask a question in the right forum and you will get plenty of answers. The first thing to do is use the search function, Most problems are not unique, and at one time or another someone has probably asked the question before.

You picked one hell of first boat. Spend a lot time getting used to handling of the boat. It is not like any other boat in this regard.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the new boat.

Bob :D :)

muscleboat
10-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info Bob.

Yup, it is lots of boat for a first (power) boat. When i drove it i had to back down once i hit 50! Luck for me is that I'll be able to pick and choose when to lower the lift and take her out.

And also lucky to have a neighbor with lots of time on the water. He just finished restoring a 1958 16' biesmier v-drive with a 350hp 350. He's been teaching me how to read the water in that little flat bottom rocket...what a ride.

As for my classic 18...I'll just take it slow and ease into it. Just let her come to me.

lol,
bruce