PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a teen daughter? - Must read!

Brad Lyon
10-21-2003, 04:13 PM
These stories were talked about on the radio station that I listen to in the morning. Several students from schools in our area called in to confirm that this is going on in their schools as well. If you have a teenage daughter you should read this and keep your eyes open!

Story 1 (http://gainesvillesun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73150936074748&Avis=GS&Dato=20031013&Kategori=LOCAL&Lopenr=210130316&Ref=AR)

Story 2 (http://gainesvillesun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artikkel?SearchID=73150937332515&Avis=GS&Dato=20031018&Kategori=LOCAL&Lopenr=210180317&Ref=AR)

Brad

Craig
10-22-2003, 09:43 AM
Have their hands surgically removed. Then they can't wear bracelets. Problem solved!

Just kidding (I know, that was gross). I have a 16 yr. old daughter. So far, so good...

Thanks for the "head's up", but I say, stay close (relationship wise); teach them what's right and what's wrong, and they won't put on a bracelet (or whatever) that is intended to convey a "questionable" meaning.

This is the best safeguard, as you aren't gonna be there every minute of every day.

The disturbing news is the declining age of sexual awareness and interest with kids that just isn't neccessary. I don't know why society can't just let kids be kids for a while!

As I recall, it was a lot of fun.

Darrell
10-22-2003, 12:07 PM
I'am not sure that baning bracelets will stop the problem, I think that those that will engage in the mention acts, will continue to with or without the bracelets. :rolleyes: I think kids are subjected to the thought of sex at such a early age, TV ( Network, HBO, Pay for veiw) Internet and print. I think all we can do is love our kids and try to teach them good morals (By example not just words). wink

Darrell (Battle tested father of a 19 year old girl) eek!

HyperDonzi
10-22-2003, 02:35 PM
All I have to say is, Kids these days!!

Actually, my sister is in 8th grade, and knows if I hear anything about her and sex, she is dead, along with whoever she is with.

KMLFAMILY
10-22-2003, 03:48 PM
My daughters are 14 & 17 tall,pretty, blondes.Thank"s for the heads up also.Fortunately my wife works the maternity ward at a local hospital and brings home all the sad tales of kids having kids.The media does really push it on them but we all know the consequences are real.Someone actually named their baby "Chillin" last wk.. :confused:

Craig
10-23-2003, 11:28 AM
The main reason I shouldn't even share this is that no one will believe me.

But here goes: in relation to Ken's comment (someone naming their kid "Chillin'"); according to a trusted co-worker of mine, he once saw a news piece about a new, young mother who, apparently not knowing what the word meant, but liking the way it sounded, named her poor child "Placenta" !!!

According to my source, the maternity ward folks tried to explain what it meant in hopes that she'd change her mind.

Nope, somewhere in this great country, there's a little kid named Placenta. First day of first grade should be interesting.

Hopefully they came up with a nice nick-name...

turbo2256
10-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Dated a girl in HS her name Anita ****e (sp). I believe they were of French origin.
On the other side thanks to or ex president everything except intercourse is now considered by a lot of the teens today as not being sex. This is right from the mouths of or children. I have heard them talking about it.