PDA

View Full Version : PSD guys..... ?????

boxy
09-22-2003, 06:15 PM
At 11:00 PM last Wednesday night my 5 month, 18,000 mile 7.3 PSD decided it had worked long enough, and started banging like all hell was coming loose. I was in the middle of no where rural Nova Scotia, and the truck was loaded with frozen food, and ice cream. All of my fluid levels were good, and the oil pressure never moved, so I kept going, after a few miles the knocking went away, but I was seriously down on power. The next morning I had a diesel tech look at it, and he felt I had lost a couple of injectors, and as long as the oil pressure held, I should be okay to try to deliver the freight. At the second store as I was backing in, the oil pressure dropped to zero, so I shut it off, found a local delivery service, transfered the load, and called the wrecker......

I flew home from Halifax Friday, and they finally tore it down today. So far they think that a rocker arm broke, tearing up the lifter, and push rods, the oil pressure finally went away when the broken parts broke the oil line that carries oil up to the injector, (I think).

So long story short, if this is all that is wrong with it, would you feel confident repairing this engine, or should I be pushing for a new 7.3.

Thanks

BUIZILLA
09-22-2003, 08:06 PM
NEW long block, and I stress COMPLETE engine if possible. Do NOT settle for anything less than that.

J

boxy
09-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Thanks Buzz, that's what I'm pushing for, just wanted to make sure I wasn't being unreasonable...
I'll keep you and the MadDog posted as things move along....