PDA

View Full Version : 22 full cover

MOP
11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
Anyone have an idea what Donzi chrages for the cover that that goes down to the chines on a 22C.

Dr. Dan
11-25-2003, 07:03 AM
wink Phil....I can't speak for Donzi ...but I would suspect you would be better off getting one Custom Made locally. I purchased a semi-custom Sunbrella Cover for our 22 from www.coverquest.com (http://www.coverquest.com) they have a Donzi Schedule of Hulls....I would guess they would also add to their Standard offering if you provided them direction and measurements. A couple of things to consider....if you are just storing it with the extended sides down to the chines...there may be more cost effective measures....if your intent is to Tow it with this....a field fit is really going to be necessary to have it be tight enough to Tow with. :p The major towing issue is the ambient air that flows around the Hull really is the most destructive force....when it causes inordinate amounts of chafing. Our experience in towing some 15 to 20,000 miles each Donzi Season is the Indexed Rub Rail Screws can and will wear through your outer edges first. I would be cautious to add too much fabric except where actually needed because the buffeting action when towing can also wear on your hulls finish. On longer hauls we add sheets tucked under our cover and in some extreme cases...a Velux Blanket strategically placed...can reduce such wear and seriously extend the life of your investment. We are very happy with our cover...it was some Jing $$$ though...about $570 delivered as I recall. However the pluses of having a full cover if you are a detail freak is way cool...no fading, no bird doo on the Deck and I do not have to do as extensive of a cleaning job when I arrive at the Event...just minor touch up. Email me if you have questions.......

:cool: Doc

MOP
11-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Thanks Dan, I am not a detail freak so I really need the extra help of the full cover, I know from seeing your boat that if the cover makes you happy it should be more than enough for me :)