PDA

View Full Version : what are the best years for the 22 classic ? looking to buy one

nemerica
09-22-2003, 02:57 AM
I am looking to buy a 22 classic and i am wondering what are the 5 best years for quality. I know that donzi has gone through many changes over the years and i am want to know what you think is the best.
you are welcome to email with your feedback
nemerica@earthling.net
Thankyou!

Ranman
09-22-2003, 08:42 AM
2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999. In my opinion they are getting better every year. This is especially since American Marine holdings has owned Donzi (1994 or so).

Budmann
09-22-2003, 09:47 AM
I've got an 86 that has a whole lot of hours. Still runs like a scalded dog. You will also find them to be a little cheper than the newer ones.

Just my 2 cents.

Brad Lyon
09-22-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm glad mine is sitting in my driveway right now and not on the lift! :D :D :D

Brad

roadtrip se
09-22-2003, 05:28 PM
My 2001 is one sweet piece of fiberglass and anal doesn't begin to describe my tendency towards pickiness. Ask anybody who has run across us at a rally, I carry a hose reel, dustbuster, detail kit, and toothbrush for the rub rail. The newer they get, the better they get, but they are all pretty decent rides. Just a matter of what the checkbook can handle. Keep in mind that they are all a little different and part of the fun is changing them to suit your tastes.

Good luck with your search and make sure there is one in the driveway soon, or you'll be missing out on a great time. Just check the events section!

Todd

Donzigo
09-22-2003, 07:48 PM
Donzigo Jr. & I own a 1986 Classic 22, just a few numbers away form Budmann's. It's actually getting a new heart transplant, (engine) as we speak. Should be ready for theis weekend. What a sweet boat. (Thank you Buddy for making them last so long. You built them right!). So, as it's been said, the one in your driveway is the best one. There really isn't a bad year. it's where you want to get aboard the train.

WARNING: Those getting on that train do not have the option of getting off; because owning a DONZI is like being in the mafia. It's a one way ticket.

In the kingdom of Donzi passion, there is but one ruler..........OBSESSION!