PDA

View Full Version : Isabel

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Well, 3 days no electricity and phone, (3 cells, no service!) we have been restored, not sure what the world did before generators, my two neighbors had us coved with big extension cords, so we had the fridge, TV and light. I will own one real soon, once the next sale goes down.

I am close to the VA NC border, someone made a comment that the storm was whimpy, it might have been up North, but VA and NC was devasted. Va power has 2.2 million customers, 1.7 mill lost power! 500,000 still in the dark.
We was restored in 3 days,

Our damage was minimal compared to the majority, I hope everyone else survived this storm.

Donziman2 did not fair to well (waterfront), but they are fine, put a good word in for them before you sleep tonight.
Thanks
Bryan

(glad there is no longer an SS sitting in my driveway, what timing, BVERD was the pick-up man hero!)

boldts
09-21-2003, 09:13 AM
Bryan, glad to read you and your family are ok. You have been in our thoughts, especially when we didn't see a post in the last few days. I hope everyone in HRPA also came through ok. We always have boats on our minds, but when a storm hits our hometown, it's the friends and family that matter the most! I was expecting to turn on the news and see a 26ZX cruising down main street VA Beach. Take Care and let us know if we can help in any way. I don't have much to offer, but if there is anything I can do, well, you all are family. :)