PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

ToonaFish
11-22-2003, 09:19 PM
(Bet you thought the snarking got to me...)

Hey, computer geeks, is it a really bad thing when your computer hangs due to an improper CPU? Or only boots once every eight hours? And makes an obnoxious beeping noise? It's going in the shop tomorrow and I'll be offline for the duration... if anyone needs me my landline is 770.514.0868.

Bunches,

Celene "y'all try to behave while I am gone"

Digger
11-23-2003, 05:41 AM
hurry back! frown

MOP
11-23-2003, 07:09 AM
Should have known that dog would get something good wet sooer or later :D :D Put a depends on that bugger!

McGary911
11-23-2003, 10:39 AM
cheap and easy fix.....c ya soon.

ToonaFish
11-26-2003, 09:49 AM
"I'm baaaaaaaaaack!"

Digger, I inspired the technonerd to greater repair speeds with offers of a Cheeto's bonus. Clearly it worked! (You might want to try that with your mechanics. wink )

Don't tell anyone, MOP, but that's why I painted the walls yellow. :rolleyes:

McriterionGary, ding ding ding, you were correct. The repair was two weeks shy of being uncovered by the warranty, so I got off cheap on the memory replacement. Rather, it was cheap until they talked me into the new DVD/RW... ahem.

But I'm still miffed at having my computer accuse me of being improper and having a bad memory. Really.

Bunches,

Celene 'burn baby burn'

MOP
11-26-2003, 10:35 AM
Good to have you back, always look forward to your whitty humor. Yup Bunches an Burn baby burn!

ToonaFish
12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Well, the Cheeto's solution didn't work. I'm back in the shop, you guys know the drill.

Bunches,

Celene 'tired of technology saving me so much time and trouble...'

ToonaFish
12-13-2003, 10:04 PM
One new hard drive and many Dorito's later...

Nerd question:

Apparently my IBM drive has a little defect/recall/class action suit thingy going on. Purportedly, it will be returned or replaced in the next month or so. Any issues I need to be aware of in dealing with the Warranty Gods? (It already feels alot like, um, ZCare, um, if you know what I mean...)

Unable to withstand the pangs of Donzi.net withdrawal, I had a new drive installed (Western Digital 60GB). (I just got the sucker fired up and my shaking stopped once Donzi Forum page loaded... certainly, my tremor had nothing to do with eating dozens of hot Krispy Kremes with Senior Technonerd.)

But, no one seems to know if you can stripe a drive utilizing XP Home Edition... any wisdom here?

Bunches,

Celene '120 Giggles per Byte'