PDA

View Full Version : Tow vehicle electrical problem

Brad Lyon
11-18-2003, 07:46 PM
All of the sudden I have a strange electrical problem with my 1999 Ford F350 Crew Cab Dually. The door ajar warning light on the instrument panel remains lit at all times and my interior lights are on unless I am traveling over 12 MPH. If I stop at a traffic light the interior lights will come on when I slow down to 12MPH or slower and will stay on until I start moving again and reach at least 12 MPH. In this town you can't go a half of a mile without stopping for a traffic light, sooooooo, every half of a mile my interior lights are comming on! Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? When the interior lights turn on or off I can hear a relay clicking.

BTW, yes I did check to see if all of the doors were closed properly.

Brad

mattyboy
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
welcome to my world my ford windstar has been doing that for years now, it's a bad switch in one of the doors, it comes and goes on the windstar, and everyone I know who has a windstar has had that problem at one time or another.
Thank god for the 20 minute cut out timer or my battery would go dead

Matty

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
11-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Been there done that but on a super cab. Doors shut but indicated not.
The POWERSTROKE board guys told me to spray some WD40 on the latches (down/up in them) and slam the doors a few times, they make contact to a switch etc.
Worked for me.
Bryan

Dr. Dan
11-19-2003, 07:26 AM
:D Brad last year in our New 2002 Suburban I had a similar incident with the Power Door Locks activating like I had small children playing in the back seat....made life exciting, I too could hear a sylenoid activating under my Steering Column. Turned out to be a rollover module that went bad! This is the same switching device that monitors your RPM's and will automatically lock your doors at a preset rpm....my guess is that your dilemma is similar in nature.....the boneheads at the Dealership took over 6 months to diagnose my problem...........ooooops....guess who lost my $45,000 worth of business over incompetence and poor sense of urgency?

Check it out...might have something similar in your Truck!

wink Doc

Walt. H.
11-19-2003, 11:28 AM
Ah????

When in doubt wire it out!
Or just pull the int, light fuse for now so you don't go postal, I mean crazy. :D

Doc; Inside tip="Sales and the service dept", don't like each other either!

Walt. :)