PDA

View Full Version : first donzi need some info

zzrhino
09-20-2003, 06:27 PM
I have a 1986 z25 it is almost 98% restored great shape i am having a hard time getting information on history of boat ect.. also possiable dealer of late model orig part? also new member of the regis.

boldts
09-20-2003, 07:48 PM
ZZ, Welcome to the Registry. I do not know where parts for the Z-25 can be found, but someone who might be able to help you would be Donzigo. Richard rebuilt much of a Z-25 and would probably be a great source for information. To contact him, just find a thread here in the Registry with his user name and at the top, there is an option to send him an e-mail. He hails from FL.

Good luck with the boat and if you get a chance, check out one of the Donzi gatherings happening around the country. Once you go to one, you won't want to miss another.

Donzigo
09-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Scot is correct. I disassembled my Z-25 1987 Donzi and rebuilt every piece by hand. It took me 1.5 years to do the job. It's resting comfortably now with one of the most classy couples I know, in Vermont. That would be Judy & Dennis Bosch. Now, I'm about doing the same thing again on a 1989 Z-33. As a matter of fact, the upholsrty is being done right now. Next, it's the fuel tank being redone, then the windsheild, and so on and on and on.........

If I can be of service to you, call me at: 727-867-7020 in St. Petersburg and I'll give you all that I know about your boat.

zzrhino
09-25-2003, 01:44 PM
thanks scot & richard for the great info will be calling soon to chat! would very much like to attend a donzi event. thanks again zzrhino

Digger
09-25-2003, 02:20 PM
Chuck welcome aboard! your life has just changed for the better. I'm not kidding.

devildog
09-25-2003, 07:12 PM
donzigo,
i have recently redone my interior on my '89 z-33 and reconditioned my engines,in fact i just picked up the interior today.its my own design i'll post it in the next couple of weeks. by the way i've learned a lot about this boat the past couple of years that i've owned it if i can be of any help. i live down the road in naples.

semper fi
dwayne