PDA

View Full Version : Great Donzi Day!

McGary911
08-25-2003, 12:18 PM
I haven't had enough chances to use my boat this year, and just thought I'd share a great day on the water with everyone.
We had some friends in the area and decided to take out the 31' cruiser and the Criterion to add some excitement. Conditions in the Atlantic were great, and I took a 20 mile run down the shore and back before the big boat gassed up and made it out of the inlet. I still ended up waiting for them. :)
Into the Manasquan Inlet with both boats, and a stop by the Patio Bar for a beer and some lunches to take to our final destination.
While waiting for the food to cook, a guy asks if that Donzi is mine, as he used to have an 18 classic. He thought my boat must be new, because it is so clean, and was shocked when I told him it was a '79. After mentioning that you don't see many classics in the area, and after learning that mine is a kinda rare boat, guy #2 mentions that he has a friend who restores Donzis. Even has a Bench Seat Hornet. And the guy is helping his friend build a huge new garage for his boats. "Hmmmm, is your friends name Scott Pearson?". Of course it was. He's mentioned he'll give Scott a whats up from me, maybe not by name (he said he'd forget) but from that guy with the Criterion.
Food in bags, back to the water, through the Point Pleasant canal, and to the F Cove, Northern Barnegeat Bay's spot for people to beach up and have a good time. I gave a few fast rides to friends on the Metedeconk river, and returned for lunch. Guy with a 38' Cig TG made a point to mention what a nice boat i have. That was pretty cool.
After swimming, food and a beer in the Fcove, time to head back. Hit the ocean around 8pm, just as dusk was settling in. The water wasnt glass, more like silk on my way back to the Shark river. Beautiful Sky as well.
Put the boat on the trailer\washed\flushed it, and back home for some rest. The boat developed a miss late in the day, so i'll have to check it out on Friday. Hopefully nothing more than a fouled plug. If it gets ugly, you may see a post or 2 from me. That couldnt ruin a perfect day. I'm sitting here at work (on a day i'm supposed to have off), more relaxed than I've been in a couple of months. I think yesterday has a lot to do with it. :)
Sorry for the long post about nothing more than riding my boat, But i figured you folks could relate.

Team Jefe
08-25-2003, 12:52 PM
Nice story Mac. I love hearing about days on the water.

Its almost like getting the Captain's Log.

Thanks;
JEFE

AquaLoony
08-26-2003, 12:59 AM
All i can say is one word... jealous!!!! Our spring is abotu to begin though so i shouldn't complain! It is great getting compliments from other boaters!

MOP
08-26-2003, 01:56 AM
Nothing like Great Donzi Daze! :) :)