PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Z care (WTF) HELP

Hardonzi
07-25-2002, 07:02 PM
Their motto is going to read"WARRANTIED UNLESS IT BREAKS"I had my drive oil bottle crack Sat. while running 4000 rpm, it sprayed my engine compartment with drive oil and fried my drive.The only way I knew something was up was by the smell of the drive as it heated and no alarm sounded. Thats a smell u wont forget.Anyway,the adjuster comes out and says we're only fixing 1/2 of the problem,the other half was a result of the uppers going. My mechanic tries to tell him its collateral damage.It all ties together. He's coming back tomorrow to check it out again per the mechanic's demands. Does anyone have any input concerning Donzi Z care (good or bad)?

FI38ZX
07-25-2002, 11:48 PM
All I can tell you is that the ZCARE warranty is no longer available as of 2003. They must be trying to tell us something.....

FI38ZX

harbormaster
07-26-2002, 12:49 AM
Email Bryan Tuvell,
Maybe he can give you a name of someone at Donzi Customer service.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-26-2002, 05:04 AM
I have to date had great luck with ZCare, they put a new outdrive on my last boat. I admit the wheel turns a little slow but the system worked for me.
They are a 3rd party company.
Sorry to hear about the drive. Keep us posted.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
07-26-2002, 05:09 AM
A couple more things, the warranty book specifically tells you what is not covered and that on year 3 you must replace boots/bellows.
My new (rebuilt) drive on the old boat also cost me $100 deductible.

Our plan on the new boat if we blow a drive is to just buy a 2nd Bravo to keep us in the water while the warranty sorts stuff out.
We lost 3 weeks of boating two seperate times last year.

I am surprised the alarm did not sound, the sensor goes to the bottle for low fluid.
Bryan

Hardonzi
07-26-2002, 06:18 PM
The alarms I questioned also,the only thing they think happened is that the container stayed pressurized and still had fluid in it but not enough to prevent the damage that was done.