PDA

View Full Version : Sun, Water and Vision . .

mphatc
06-19-2003, 07:15 AM
With a lifetime spent boating, sailing, skiing and outdoors I am no longer able to take the sun without getting burnt . .

Coppertone Sport is great against the sun . . but it really burns the eyes when you get wet driving . . and who won't in a small Donzi . . :D
It sucks when your eyes tear so bad that you have to slow down :confused: .
Sunglasses are great :cool: to keep the direct splash water out of my eyes, but water on the face will inevitibally wash the suntan lotion into the eyes . . eek!

So what are all of you using?

Mario L. wanting to never slow down :D :) :p

Surfer
06-19-2003, 07:48 AM
mphatc, lived in Florida all my life (moved from NH) I found "Water Babies" I think it's a coppertone product PDF 45 to be the best, works for baby skin, and is waterproof.

vonkamp
06-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Try "Hawaiian Tropic Ozone Sunblock 70 spf". Works great on my bald head in the florida sun!

Surfer,
Mabey the product you are talking about is made by "ADOBE" wink :D :D :D

Tidbart
06-19-2003, 12:12 PM
I have been using Panama Jack Sport Sunblock for years. Great for boating and active living.

web page (http://www.panamajack.com/product.asp?productid=230&category=sport)

Won't dissapppoint.

Bob

2biguns
06-19-2003, 01:45 PM
We keep a bottle of Banana Boat Active Sport spray in the boat and another in the backpack. It's oil free and is SUPPOSED to be sweat-proof (FYI: there's no product on the plant that is sweat-proof for fat Alabama boys :o ).

I just shut my eyes and spray my face with it and have not had a sunburned face in 3 years. Smells a bit like Bactine but this stuff works great.

Forrest
06-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Whatever product you get, make sure it has titanium dioxide as an ingredient. It's the only thing that blocks UVA. The better stuff usually has it. Also, sunscreen has a shelf life of about a year before it start to loose some of it SPF. So if it's old, toss it out and get new.

goatee
06-20-2003, 08:51 PM
THE GOOD STUFF,,, AT A TANNING SALON,,, IS MORE LIKE 3 YEARS. BUT IT DOESNT MATTER. IF YOU ARE OUT ALL DAY , AND WANT FULL PROTECTION, YOU HAVE TO RE-APPLY EVERY HALF HOUR TO AN HOUR.
GET WATERPROOF , SOMETHING FOR BABIES IS GOOD, AND JUST GO EASY ON THE FACE. AND SOME SUN GLASSES AND YOUR GOOD TO GO.
TRUST ME, JUST PUT A LITTLE ON AT A TIME, AND REMEMBER YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN AN HOUR LATER.