PDA

View Full Version : 40 Baja in Texas.

HyperDonzi
09-13-2003, 07:08 PM
They called off the search for him, but wasnt he in financial trouble? Somewhere around owing someone 4million? Anyone have any new info?

Tommy

BUIZILLA
09-13-2003, 07:33 PM
So, what your saying is that *someone* aimed the boat at the barge, jumped off before impact, faked the owners death, and was picked up by another boat... and now he's partying in Costa Rica? :confused: eek! Was he an ENRON exec?

J

ya gotta wonder why there there was no blood or DNA on the wreck right...

Cuda
09-13-2003, 07:41 PM
There was a guy around here about 20 or so years ago named Gene Holloway to did something similar. He was the original owner of Red Lobster. He sold it to General Mills, then started a couple other restaurants. Apparently they didn't do as well as the lobster. They found his boat abandoned and tried to play it off. I don't think a lot of people were buying it. They found him about a year or so later in Canada. At least that's how my memory sees it.

Cuda
09-13-2003, 07:43 PM
I read the Texas guy had just taken out a 4 million dollar loan. I don't know if they found the money or not. I doubt it.

ToonaFish
09-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Dang, Cuda, talk about a blast from the past!

In my nefarious youth (i.e. underaged disco diva), I practically lived at the Sea Wolf. For some reason, what I mostly remember about him was the fuss over his pet elephant and the incredible collection of antiques at the house on Lake Thonotosassa... I had completely forgotten the old scandal about him returning from the dead!

Did a google and found this... (http://www.teddwebb.com/legends/gene_hollway.html) It would be cool to find my old pics from the lake... he had some pretty neat go fasts back then.

Bunches,

Celene "it can't have been twenty years already"

Cuda
09-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Hey Toona, I did remember the name of the Sea Wolf, wasn't it over near Busch Gardens? I remember it mainly because my first job was with Red Lobster. I heard the Sew Wolf was a pretty neat restaurant.

My dad and I used to fish in Lake Thonotosassa way back in the day. :)

Cuda
09-13-2003, 10:30 PM
Wow, thanks for the link, I just read it. It seems my memory was pretty good. I feel better now. :)

BUIZILLA
09-13-2003, 10:45 PM
Wow, this is getting freaky... when I attended USF in 71-73, I dated a local girl whose parents had a house kinda situated on lake Thono. We used to eat dinner most every Sunday night at the Busch Gardens Ale House restaurant. I don't remember the Sea Wolf place though, prolly after my time..

J