PDA

View Full Version : The DONZI (Thunderboat alley) street signs...

oldLenny
06-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Not being from anywheres near there, what are the two signs "text" that are on the corner of 188NE or whatever.? What is the crossroad?..I have an outside bar, got my traffic lights today for it and the flagpole etc, I want the two street names for the "corner" here where the street light is going...Thanks, Lenny :D

Dalelama
06-21-2003, 10:03 PM
NE 188th Street & Biscayne Blvd. (US-1)
..at the end of the street.... Maule Lake

I think Cigarette is all that's left!

Bigbroadjumper
06-22-2003, 06:30 AM
I think Magnum Marine is still there also. I spoke to them a couple of months ago and they were there then.

oldLenny
06-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Thank you... :D

Bigbroadjumper
06-22-2003, 03:44 PM
That's too bad, I would stop by everytime I made it back to south Florida. When I was a kid growing up in Keystone Point (North Miami)in the 60's, my brother and I would ride our bikes up there and dream about one day owning one of those boats. Of the five boats I have owned over the years ALL were built on that street. The boats that were built on that strip of land changed the face of power boats to what we have today.

BUIZILLA
06-22-2003, 04:14 PM
BB Bob, I grew up in Miami Shores in the same timeframe.. 103rd canal on the bay. I used to ride my bike to Skyway Marine, Mike Gordons and Pelican Harbor all the time. My first personal boat, a Cobia, came from Barracuda Boat Sales at Maule Lake Marina in 1967.

The 'hood ain't what it used to be that's fer sure.

J

Bigbroadjumper
06-22-2003, 09:50 PM
It seems like everyone I went to North Miami with has moved to Broward. I want to move back because the season is sooooooooooo short up here. I think we me be coming down in August to look around at some property.

olredalert
06-22-2003, 10:41 PM
Buizilla,

------Mphatcs Corsican came from Barracuda Boat Sales when new.Original bill of sale was with boat when I unearthed it.
------By the way,your Minx looks damn nice.Couldnt see your face in poodles shots but Ill bet there was an ear to ear smile going on all day!.............Bill S

BUIZILLA
06-23-2003, 08:25 AM
Yeah Bill, Barracuda had their sales office on US-1, and Hallandale Beach Blvd, by Gulfstream Racetrack, the service was at Maule Lake. We also bought our Aquasport from them. I *think* Craig Bura, Ralph Heffner, and Ed Rivers all got their Donzi's from the same place.

J