PDA

View Full Version : 100 MPH lifejacket

mphatc
08-22-2003, 07:37 PM
At the beginning of the summer I bought 2 100 mph lifejackets that were CG approved. Excuse me, but they are not Lifeline, at the time a bit beyond my budget . .

These are sold with the name America's Cup, and have the "Tournament" name on them.

If you have these, don't let them get wet and rest on your white upholstery !!!! red stains!!!!
:o :o eek!

I managed to remove the red stains, but just barely . :)

This all happened when the boat was uncovered overnight and it rained. Yah yah, I should have gotten out of bed and covered the boat, WRONG, this is a wet toy! :D

MPHATC

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-22-2003, 10:17 PM
mphatc
Just FYI, yet Lifelines are not CG approved, they will not run or stain.

My hats off to ya that you wear your jackets, we do every time out.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-23-2003, 04:31 AM
Thanks, maybe I just got lucky, I will be a bit more careful know this data.
Bryan

SS18
08-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Beleive it or not soft scrub followed by good fresh water rinse cleans all stains and grime and follow up with a healthy 303 treatment did it today and it it is so worth the effort!

SS18
08-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Oh but the tough one is those damn orange vest maybe if I had an orange boat I would not notice! :D :D just joshing and enjoying this weekend!

SS18
08-23-2003, 08:38 PM
And Scott if they turned pink you could have sold them to a baja owner! :D

mphatc
08-23-2003, 09:02 PM
I used a marine vunyl cleaner with bleach and lots of water to rinse. When I found the boat wet in the AM the red water was pooled in the vest material, so nothing ever dried.

Sounds like i was lucky. As soon as my wife leaves for a day I'll be washing the vests in the washing machine . . f*&K the nice red color, which I chose for safety reasons!

Mario L.
Mphatc