PDA

View Full Version : Ebay help!

MOP
10-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know how to contact Ebay to get my account straight. Somehow my password or ID got screwed up, without it I can not get in to try to fix it. I have tried to reply to the help mail sent by them NG. I can not believe they have no obvious contact to get problems fixed!

HELP!

pmreed
10-07-2003, 10:04 PM
Mop, if you've lost access to your account, it's a possibility that your identity has been hijacked. :( Have you responded to any inquiry from Ebay security or other entity asking for this information. I get emails every week from spoofers trying to get my account info. One way to check is to do a search for all auctions under your ID, you may find some running. Regardless, go with a "fraud alert" email detailing your problem. I think they're getting kind of sensitive to all the problems they've had in this regard, and you may find that's a good back door into their response mechanism. I usually get a response within 24 hours when I report a spoofer

Here's a link to the Ebay security center:

Security Center (http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/)
Maybe you can use the "live chat" option

Good Luck!!

Phil

MOP
10-08-2003, 07:50 AM
Hi thanks for the response, I went in to register. I carefully wrote everything down as I registered and got an acknowledgement, so I figured off to the races. Went on and tried to log on it would not go through, I tried both lost password and member ID, then tried to re-register they said I was already registered, thats as far as I have been able to get. I would love to get a phone number to talk with a real person (Rare these days).

Phil