PDA

View Full Version : Hey Donzigo

Cuda
09-06-2003, 08:23 AM
I went to King Marine yesterday to kick around some ideas for my Minx. I asked him if he had any SBC's laying around. He showed me a real sweet one on a pallet with a nice exhaust system. Said all he needed was a boat to put it in. wink

Donzigo
09-06-2003, 08:36 AM
Nice try............it's already paid for. I'm just waiting for Donzigo Jr. to get off "top-dead-center" with his part of the deal. It should go in next week; and, we'll be screaming accross the bay with all the other "crazies"........ :cool: :cool: :cool:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/RAaron140Engine.jpg
FYI: Jr. if you're reading this, I'm getting "TWITCHE", man, so, you gonna fish or cut bait, which is it? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cuda
09-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I think I've decided to go ahead and pull the engine from the Formula and stick it in the Minx. That way I can get on the water sooner. It's a 330 horse, 355, with closed cooling. I think while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and swap the transom assembly and drive too. The engine has 40 hours on it, and the transom assembly and the drive only have 10 hours on them. I'm going to spend today getting the Formula back together enough to run the engine to be sure it's ok after sitting for so long.

Donzigo
09-06-2003, 01:48 PM
You gonna have King Marine Engineering do the work?

Cuda
09-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Maybe, Gary will be in Malaysia next week. If he can get to it soon enough.

He was a very interesting guy to talk to. I didn't realize he used to be so involved with the Apba races here in Florida.

Is that motor a 350 or 383 stroker?

Donzigo
09-07-2003, 07:16 PM
This 350 is not a stroker. Gary talked me out of building a stroker; but, he did build this one by hand for me, and added a few perks to it. He says it's generating about 285, maybe more. It's hard to say.

I've known him 30 years. He's one of my best friends. He has been the race director of APBA races on this coast a number of times.

Fish boy
09-07-2003, 10:19 PM
Not only as a director, but he used to race against my dad back in the day. I think he was in SK class- hell of a driver.

Fish

Donzigo
09-08-2003, 08:47 AM
I think it will be at the Siestaah. We are painting the engine room now, and taking it to King on Friday. the install will only take a day or two. We'll see.

Cuda
09-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Gary knew my old boss, Dave Coover, who is responsible for my obsession with power boats. Mr C used to race jersey speed skiffs, owned an SK, and his son, Davey, took me for my first ride on an offshore power boat, a 27 Excalibur that Gary told me he rigged for Michael Alweiss.