PDA

View Full Version : Second Annual St Clair Gathering impressions...

roadtrip se
08-11-2003, 08:53 AM
1) First time out on this lake. The water is caribbean blue and endless.
2) Brown's makes a mean burger and the beer is ice cold.
3) Harsen's Island is paradise. Kraven and Sam have it made.
4) 70 miles and hour over a wake in Jamie's 16 can be a little wet, but invigorating.
5) Momma don't let your girls grow up to walk the gauntlet. Two rows of 100 or so boats, beads, music, a nut-cake DJ, and it only gets better from there!
6) A lot of Donzi owners could care less about the internet. There are Donzis in the weeds up here.
7)Bill and Jan are excellent hosts, so can I come back up tomorrow?
8)This place has all the makings of a national scale gathering, so lets start working on it...

Todd
"This place rocks, so where the hell is the SE?"

smoothie
08-11-2003, 10:06 AM
Yes it is a nice lake,was fishing on it a few years back,wanted to make the trip this year but had other things going on maybe next time...

Ranman
08-11-2003, 10:42 AM
So you liked the "Aisle of Flesh" eh? The Z man can get a bit annoying...and you know he's gonna be there "allllll niiiiight lllooooong, baybeeee!" There's no shortage of eye candy. :D

Seriously though, I'm glad you came out to check out your new boating venue. We had a great time out on the lake.

A big thanks to Doug Lovins for letting Jenn and I invade his boat while mine is under the weather. I really enjoy it when you come out!

Sooo, when's the next event? September what?

Embarking upon the most stressful week of my life...

Brad Lyon
08-11-2003, 06:13 PM
What a great day! It was really nice to meet Todd, Mike, Hunter, Tim and Marty, and it was nice to see Jenn, Randy, Jamie, Doug, Bill, Bill, and last but certainly not least Liz, again. Oh wait, can't forget Keith! Has anyone got pictures yet? I got to have a picture of Jenn with both thumbs way up high as Doug went over those large waves if anyone has one. Speaking of which, I think that was what made the day for my boys, jumping freighter waves, how fun! I am in agreement with Randy, how about September?

Brad

KRAVEN
08-11-2003, 06:46 PM
September sounds great to us.
Bill and Liz

Rootsy
08-11-2003, 07:49 PM
some things i managed to learn...

1. holy wha i love that place more each time i visit!

2. why yes goat we can fit that case of beer in the 16 SOMEWHERE!...

3. Brown's totally ROCKS...

4. KEITH IS THE MAN! - DONZI's REALLY DO GO EVERWHERE!

5. Michigan Donzi folks ROCK!

6. i don't think i've ever showered that many times in one day!!!!

7. 16 + freighter and cruiser wakes = where's my parachute???

8. Where the hell did my hat go?

9. Jill, i kept Todd clean for you

10. MARTI GRAS ON WATER! eek!

11. 1400 hp in THAT???? eek!

12. SHEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIITTTTTT.... :rolleyes:

13. WHEN is the next one! i am THERE!

THanks for one heckuva good weekend, the lord knows i needed THAT!

Jabes
08-11-2003, 08:37 PM
St. Clair Flats has it all! You should see Labor Day weekend! It broke my heart seeing a mess of Donzis rumble into Muskamoot Bay while I was on a friends boat and my Donzi was sitting at the Idle Hour. Guess I should sign in here more often. See ya next weekend!

Rootsy
08-11-2003, 08:48 PM
well welcome aboard jabes... you should come and joined us.. we had a blast...

goatee
08-11-2003, 10:24 PM
had such a blast!!!!!!!! and with todd moving up,, its only gonna get better.
root,, you da man! some of that air reminded me of when i had that exiter. big air = big fun!
meeting more people for the first time,, always a pleasure. everyone has been really cool.
only 2 times i was scared,,,,,,when i thought root didnt see the ferry pulling out,, and before we left the docks, and i thought i was going to have to leave the beer behind. :( 16 foot donzi and no room for beer? whats up with those damn donzi's???
brad- great hobby, and better family! your a lucky man! got word on the new pc,, and will have it by mon. at the latest. pics will follow shortly after. (aoth too)
todd- it only gets better. you just scratched the surface.
doug- dont forget the spray!!! eek!
randy and jenn- congrats to you both
root- yes i am wet yet!!! maybe more of a doug thing....... :p
bill- sweet lil pad ya got there. sorry i did'nt make it sun. brenden wasnt feeling all that good
bill- gotta love that pescador!!!!

goatee
08-11-2003, 10:29 PM
came home and started looking for a boat,,,,
since i'm not just ready yet, i'll pass them on found a crossbow that was just stupid low price. (MUST have something wrong with it) 2 minx,,,1 15k one 13k (i liked the 13 one better) found all on boattrader.com really not too many classics though. :( still dont know what i want

olredalert
08-15-2003, 09:16 PM
-------Took off for Lake Muskoka(first time)so am posting a little late on our great DONZI day on and around Harsens Island.
-------Much thanks to Bill and Liz for getting us all fired up and putting things together.We have a wonderful area up here and I know that we would love to show all the rest of the board what we all love about it!The "location" for a super MI. meet is still the hard part but with a little digging I think we will come up with a location and weekend that will have you all talking for years.Next year we would love to get as many DONZIites up here as possible.So start planning!!!!!!!!!!!!............Bill S