PDA

View Full Version : Lost rear seat back- Classic 18

gtsdls
09-02-2003, 08:35 PM
I had the port side rear cushion from my Donzi Classic 18 blow out of the boat during a run down Keuka Lake. Someone must have picked it up, but it never was turned in at any of the marinas.

It's a 1988, with a grey interior with red pin striping. Was wondering if anyone had a replacement available.

mattyboy
09-02-2003, 08:54 PM
do a search on bilt-rite
they should have what you need

matty

MOP
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
I tried to buy seat bottoms for my 16 from BR NG, wanted to sell me a whole new package. I ended up recovering what I have.

mattyboy
09-03-2003, 06:37 AM
MOP
Are you saying bilt-rite wouldn't do it for you??
that surprises me!!!
I have seen bilt-rite make piece parts , like front buckets, rear seats, and take back and re do stuff til it is right, match hard to get colors, granted for service like that you pay, but all their work that I've seen has been perfect. All the people that I know who have worked with them and been very satified.When I re do my interior it will be Bilt-rite.
gtsdls, speak to Bob at bilt-rite he can help you, keep in mind that color might be hard to match due to exposure of your interior.
Please keep us posted

Matty

MOP
09-03-2003, 09:09 AM
Matty my boat was in dry storage for 7 years the upolstry is in real good shape, the bottoms had some slight seam damage which was going to let go the backs are perfect and still soft and supple. I called BR knowing they are the best, the gent I talked with did not want to sell just the bottom cushions kept pushing for a full interior due to age 91 boat. The guys that have seen the boat will attest to it being pretty darn nice including the upolstry. I recovers what I had but without the pleated vynl looks Ok but not correct. I will try calling again maybe I'll get someone different that will sell just the bottoms. I would love to have the right bottoms from the right people.

MOP
09-03-2003, 09:17 AM
Matty something you may want to try that works very well for me, I got self stick velcro from my canvas guy that is 2 inches wide. I cut it into 6 inch strips and put it under my bottom cushions after one blew over board from the snaps popping off from people moving around. The velco holds like a bear, its on its third year and still holding. I did have to stitch it to the cushions but it stuck to the glass with no problem.

mattyboy
09-03-2003, 09:26 AM
MOP,
when was this?? take into consideration bilt-rite was sold a few years back and before the sale the original owners were just gonna retire when a buyer was not available at one point I think they stopped taking orders. The original owners did excellent work but had reached that point were work is not everything in life( I think I am at that point today ), the new ownership has continued the excellent workmanship and are very willing to work with you.Please give them a call.
and let us know.
I have recieved quotes from them on just the wraparound,a new original bucket a replacement for my current one and carpet and they offer a money back garuantee.
Matty

MOP
09-03-2003, 11:02 PM
Matty you can bet I will call them again, I am not satisfied with the plain bottoms. One of the things Scott mentioned in his post and was said to me by the fellow I spoke with the possible mis match of color. But he made no mention of a supplier for the fabric to match. The last time I called was spring a year ago.

KMLFAMILY
09-04-2003, 05:22 PM
gtsdls:
It's a 1988, with a grey interior with red pin striping. Was wondering if anyone had a replacement available. Would your boat be an Limited Edition model ?
Color's Black/White ? If so.Do you have a dash plaque stating production # ?
Curious Ken :cool: