PDA

View Full Version : Formula Jr on old "I-SPY" episode!!

Craig
08-08-2003, 11:45 AM
Just thought I'd share another old "Don" boat sighting on an old T.V. show.

My daughter was filming old episodes of "I-SPY" (remember; with a young Bill Cosby and Robert Culp"). Anyway, she says to me, hey Dad check this out; this boat looks like yours. Is it a Donzi? Rolled film and recognized it as a Formual, Jr. White with powder blue deck stripes.

I recognized it because my friend has one. I always thought the "3 stripe" stripe (thin, thick, thin) was something my friend had done, but this looked about the same, just a different color.

Had one shot of it circling and you can see the spray fins and the sort of barrell back stern. Also the old un-mistakeable windshield.

A couple shots in the cockpit. Steering wheel, dash, clam shell wind scoops with slats, slight view of gages. Very cool!

The sad part is it gets blown up! But not really. He pulls slowly into a boat house, then the camera pans away, then pans back and the boat house blows up. That made the scene easier on the driver too, no doubt.

The episode was called "That Guy Smith" for anyone who might have access to it. I luckily got it on video as a result of my daughter taping a show. Pretty cool!

Seemed appropriate that it was on yet another spy show! James Bond, 007, etc.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
08-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Wow. Very cool piece of sportboat video memorabilia.
I'd put it on the shelf right between "Live and Let Die" and "Puppet On A Chain".

FR :p

Craig
08-09-2003, 04:07 PM
Puppet on a chain? What's that one? More Don boat movie footage?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
08-20-2003, 09:55 PM
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0066258

FR :p