PDA

View Full Version : Got my license!!

HyperDonzi
07-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Got it today, took the test in Dads Vette. We thought that would be 20 pts off right off the bat...seems the guy used to resotre MG's, got perfect on manuverability and driving...pretty rare!! Now...Need new brake pads, and a few things to pep up the 5.0 Bird. wink

Tommy

Brad Lyon
07-08-2003, 09:54 PM
Congratulations Tommy! Welcome to the world of responsibility, just remember that when you are out with your friends.

Brad

Ranman
07-08-2003, 10:32 PM
I'll be sure to stay off the sidewalks in Ohio.

Do yourself a favor and keep the racing on the track. Licenses ae like golf, the fewer the points, the better!

Stay safe.

boldts
07-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Congrats Tommy. To celebrate, a round of ice cream on me next time I see ya. :) Might even be this Saturday since I read Smoothy and the Cig will be at the lake this weekend.

Be safe. Man, how cool is it to pull up to the testing center driving a Vette? BTW, if your looking for a great opportunity, it's not on the water, but apply for a job at the airport with one of the valet parking lots. Not only do you get first hand experience driving all the new cars out every year, but it's loads of fun running from light to light if you get my drift! wink

HyperDonzi
07-09-2003, 08:20 AM
Brad and Ranman, Dont worry, I wont race someone. If I am going to speed at all, must be perfect conditions, and no other cars on the road and no way for them to pull out in front of me.

Scott, I have a graduation party on Saturday, Will be home all of sunday.

JimG
07-09-2003, 09:05 AM
Congrats! Have fun, and be safe... :)

oldLenny
07-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Way to go Tommy !!! Drive safe, take care! :D

DonzigoJR
07-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Tommy congrats my man thats awesome!!!!! :D STAY SAFE!!! Watch out for the police man. wink Take it from someone who has accumilated over 30 points in the last 6 yrs of driving. Speed is not the answer. You can buy a sweet 16 for the amount I've paid in tickets eek! and a 18 for the amount my insurance has gone up. eek!

Enjoy.....Now you can take the ladies to a movie, minus a ride from mom and dad. :D

Fish boy
07-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Congrats Hyper.

Silver Streak
07-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Tommy,

Congratulations and have fun, but….

Many of us on the registry were not the most intelligent of drivers (so, gang, is that a nice way to put it?) when we were your age. And most of us give thanks every day (I know I do) that we managed to survive that craziness. And, sadly, all of us remember someone who did not manage to survive. We want you to be one of us…not someone with stories to tell about the crazy things he did as a teenaged driver; the stories aren’t the important part…the important part is being here; living through your teenaged driving years.

What I’m telling you, Tommy, is that if we on the board hear of any craziness on your part, you won’t have to worry about your parents grounding you or taking you car away or any such thing. Your Donzi Registry friends will handle it. A broken right leg is all it takes and you won't be able to operate an accelerator of brake pedal. And if you don’t think we’re serious, just try us!

Be safe! We’ve gotten used to having you around. I personally think you’re pretty okay…for a kid. :D :D

Rick

DonzigoJR
07-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Tommy,

Silver Streak makes a very valid point there. I too have many stories of craziness as a teenage driver. I also have about 4 stories of great friends of mine who are no longer able to walk this earth. Please be careful out there driving, dont be a statistic....I think your a pretty cool kid too and I have not had the honor to meet you yet. wink God Bless you buddy on the road.

HyperDonzi
07-10-2003, 11:02 AM
You dont have to worry, I dont do much crazy stuff, I had one friend pass when I got my permit, that was rough.

Edit: Went to the crash scene yesterday, lots of pieces still everywhere. The tree he hit, was freshly cut down! I picked up a 1"x1" part of the car, and one of the exhaust hangers, putting them on my keychain. Kinda rare putting something on a keychain for me, I dont even have house keys on it.

Tommy