PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need reliable marine const. co. in St. Pete

Jamesbon
07-31-2003, 07:18 PM
Please recommend a good marine construction company in the Tampa Bay area. I need 2-3 pilings driven and a pair of davits installed adjacent to my existing dock.

As always, thanks in advance!

Capt. Donzi
08-01-2003, 06:37 AM
Speeler Marine, not sure of the spelling......
but very good and priced right.

Dredgeking
08-01-2003, 07:38 AM
we just bought misener marine in tampa, but our equipment may be a bit on the LARGE side for your project. i don't know of any small companies that do residential work, but i bet there are quite a few. i'd go around neighborhoods and if you see some quality work i'd ask the owner who did the work and if he liked them.

Cuda
08-01-2003, 07:40 AM
Nate, one of my best freinds has a dock co. Give Brad or Joyce a call at Brad's Custom Docks. 525 0066. Or shoot me your phone number and I'll have him call you. I'll be going to the Suwanee River area later today, so if I don't get the message early, I'll be out of town.

Forrest
08-04-2003, 10:27 AM
Nate, don't forget to apply for your Florida DEP exemption letter and Army Corp approval by filling out a Joint Application, which is available at your local DEP branch office. There is no charge for submitting the Joint Application for Exemption.

This something you will want to do if you live on Florida coastal waters and you intend to drive piles, install a boat lift, put in a boat ramp, or build or re-build a dock or seawall. Moreover the exemption letter/approval is especially important if you have neighbors that like to give you hard time. Ask me how I know. eek!

Budmann
08-04-2003, 04:17 PM
JB, Brad's custom docks. Company is GREAT! Do what they say, and don't change the price. My folks have a couple of houses on the water that Brad did. Also, when I had Maximo, they did every piling in the Marina, at one time or another. Hope this helps.

Cuda
08-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Hey Budman, small world, Brad is one of my best boatin' buddies. We just tiled a house he bought.

Cuda
08-04-2003, 06:56 PM
MadPoodle:

Brad does great work, posts lots of pics, and has a really cute GF.. Oh, wrong Brad?? This Brad! :)
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jgriffbrad.jpg

Donzigo
08-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Brad did all the pilings in my dock. Great people to work with.

Richard