PDA

View Full Version : F-350 or new mosquito control???

olemissalum
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
)Last night coming home from work as I turned the corner my 99 F 350 all of a sudden starts pouring out white smoke from the tailpipe like an old steam engine. eek! eek! Well I decide the best thing is to call dealership to come and get it. Turns out to be a blessing as the number #1 injector failed and was causing an overfuel in that cylinder and had I tried to drive it to the shop would probably have washed the cylinder wall and scored. As it is now just pay for towing and new injector, which is still right at $1000(and I thought boats were expensive wink )
Just a heads up for the other FORD PSD owners here, if you notice alot of white smoke, shut it down and have it towed!!!!

Capt. Donzi
08-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Good info!! thanks for the heads up!!! :)

boxy
08-07-2003, 08:22 PM
Things you don't want to read, while you're sitting in your hotel room in Halifax NS, and your PSD is sitting outside, 1500 miles from home... :D

Good luck with the repairs.

olemissalum
08-07-2003, 08:27 PM
124K miles on the truck and first problem!!! I am going to go round and round with dealership though as a new injector costs around $200 and they are saying my bill is 1000 and some change. Had I known what the problem was I could have changed the injector myself as it is not difficult at all but seems almost criminal what he is wanting to charge. Don't really know if I have a leg to stand on since I told them to fix it but seems like they are trying to rob me!!!

BUIZILLA
08-07-2003, 08:50 PM
OM, I have BRAND NEW PSD injectors in stock for way less than $300 each... We sell the rebuilt exchange for $195 each. The 99 and up uses the Split Shot design, which is pretty slick..

I lost one on my 99 PSD awhile back on the road, and I changed it in less than an hour. I can't imagine ONE injector and labor to be over $400-$500??

Hope this helps..
J